British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 575

The tattooist looks Chinese Singaporean - and judging by the result, it was probably his first TARDIS.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ June 23 2010, 12:33 PM BST

Don't give up.
I think it can be rescued.

Phwooar.

I want a Lego Dalek, dammit!

They start filming the next series soon I think.
What are the odds on the Zygons making a return?
They do like to bring an oldie back in most series.

I wish they'd develop a cracking new monster. Apart from the Angels, they haven't yet.

That's true.
But the Angels were excellent & I hope they give them at least another outing.

Quote: chipolata @ June 24 2010, 11:06 PM BST

I wish they'd develop a cracking new monster. Apart from the Angels, they haven't yet.

True. I liked the devil beast thing from a few years back, but I'm not sure what else you could do with it. The Family Of Blood, too; but again, they seem like a one shot deal.

Maybe if the Dream Lord pops up again he could develop into something good. There's definite potential. And he was certainly better than the revamped Master, who IMO never really caught on like the original.

I think an all round reboot is in order - the universe seems altogether too small and knowable in this incarnation. He has too much mastery winning the Time wars etc etc - I could go on.... :)

Quote: Marc P @ June 25 2010, 9:52 AM BST

I think an all round reboot is in order - the universe seems altogether too small and knowable in this incarnation. He has too much mastery winning the Time wars etc etc - I could go on.... :)

I think the fact that we had a new Doctor and companion this season has to some extent masked the lack of real freshness this series. There were a few hopeful signs early on, but it hasn't really panned out. And I don't think there have been any classic episodes this year either, which is a shame. Still, looking forward to Saturday's finale.

Yes,, will watch last weeks ep again too before hand.

Quote: chipolata @ June 25 2010, 10:04 AM BST

I think the fact that we had a new Doctor and companion this season has to some extent masked the lack of real freshness this series. There were a few hopeful signs early on, but it hasn't really panned out. And I don't think there have been any classic episodes this year either, which is a shame. Still, looking forward to Saturday's finale.

For me, the opening episode and the Angel's two parter are Who classics.

I reckon they should axe it again and replace it with a new version of The Tomorrow People. Whistling nnocently

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 25 2010, 10:22 AM BST

For me, the opening episode and the Angel's two parter are Who classics.

For me, they were good but not great episodes. Of course that first episode is interesting because, as I pointed out at the time ( Cool ), the Doctor displayed great hubris, which was an obvious nod to what would happen at the end of the series.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 25 2010, 10:23 AM BST

I reckon they should axe it again and replace it with a new version of The Tomorrow People. Whistling nnocently

They had one in the nineties. It was called The New Tomorrow People. Get with times, granddad!

Quote: chipolata @ June 25 2010, 10:27 AM BST

They had one in the nineties. It was called The New Tomorrow People. Get with times, granddad!

Yeah, I know, but that was rubbish. I'm talking about another new version, that is not rubbish, but good.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 25 2010, 10:31 AM BST

I'm talking about another new version, that is not rubbish, but good.

I think that more shows should adopt the approach of avoiding being rubbish. I wonder why they don't?