British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 573

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 21 2010, 8:32 PM BST

A what point in the Angels story was this second Doctor? I must've missed this.

Me too, but I'm not very observant sometimes.

17mins 30secs into Flesh & Stone. Hmm, maybe a 'second' Doctor.

Still won't be happy though. :P

It's always possible that we won't be given all the answers next week, and instead deliberately be left with intriguing paradoxes.

Quote: Badge @ June 21 2010, 8:34 PM BST

Me too, but I'm not very observant sometimes.

The Angel grabs hold of the Doctor's coat, so he's just in a shirt. In the forest he then leaves Amy, with her eyes closed, to go off with River and the soldier bloke; but then immediately comes straight back, Amy still with her eyes shut, and his whole tone changed, and now he's suddenly wearing a jacket again, telling Amy she must remember what he told her as a child and acting very sad, then he's off again.

The jacket could be a continuity error, but that seems unlikely.

I've more or less given up on new Who. I like Matt Smith, but the stories don't interest me.

Quote: Ben @ June 21 2010, 9:50 PM BST

I've more or less given up on new Who. I like Matt Smith, but the stories don't interest me.

I'm surprised, I don't think for a second that the stories in the classic series were really any better. Perhaps it's more the style and the truncated nature of the telling, what with now not having four or six episodes to tell a story in, that doesn't appeal? Having to tell a complete story in forty five minutes makes for obviously quite a different feel to four epsiodes or more.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 21 2010, 9:54 PM BST

I'm surprised, I don't think for a second that the stories in the classic series were really any better. Perhaps it's more the style and the truncated nature of the telling, what with now not having four or six episodes to tell a story in, that doesn't appeal? Having to tell a complete story in forty five minutes makes for obviously quite a different feel to four epsiodes or more.

Yeah, I can't be doing with everything done and dusted in 45 minutes. I don't have ADHD.

Saying that, I f**king love Lovejoy and that's always done and dusted in 45 minutes...

Quote: Marc P @ June 21 2010, 1:33 PM BST

"Its centrifugal force is Matt Smith, the best Doctor since Tom Baker..."
Andrew Billen, The Times

Quote: Badge @ May 17 2010, 12:47 AM BST

Okay, I'm going to say it. Matt Smith is the best Doctor since Tom Baker.

Bloody Times journalists, come up with your own opinions! Angry

Quote: Badge @ June 21 2010, 11:29 PM BST

Laughing out loud

Quote: sootyj @ June 21 2010, 8:21 PM BST

Not since Children of Earth has scifi created such excitement.

Last week I picked up a DVD of an ITV 7-part sci-fi series from 1977 called Children of the Stone. Anyone seen it/remember it and able to recommend it? I've not watched it yet.

Quote: Kenneth @ June 22 2010, 10:55 AM BST

Last week I picked up a DVD of an ITV 7-part sci-fi series from 1977 called Children of the Stone. Anyone seen it/remember it and able to recommend it? I've not watched it yet.

Yeah, that's good, I think. Saw it a few years ago. Proper good 70s cult TV.

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 21 2010, 8:07 PM BST

If he did he could just go back five minutes when someone dies.

He generally cannot do this because of the Blinovitch Limitation Effect.

Quote: Kenneth @ June 22 2010, 10:55 AM BST

It's good stuff. More adult than a lot of adult shows.

Quote: Badge @ June 21 2010, 11:29 PM BST

Hey, that's at least three us who rate Matt the next best since Tom!

:)

William Hartnell
Patrick Troughton
Jon Pertwee
Tom Baker
Matt Smith

You can forget the rest!

;)

Be the envy of the office, with this Tardis mug, with removable lid!:

http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/14867836/Doctor-Who-Tardis-Mug-With-Removable-Lid/Product.html