British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 571

Quote: chipolata @ June 21 2010, 3:11 PM BST

No. :)

Yesssss!

And the Dr gets stuck in as well as her crack?

No, no, please!!!!!!!! No more Amy's crack jokes.

Apparently, Amy's crack jokes are now being used to get terrorists to talk.

I understand she's popular on Dublin pub crawls.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 21 2010, 10:00 AM BST

I think the Doctor has been preparing some sort of escape throughout the series; remember the alternate Doctor appearing in the second Angel's episode, asking Amy to remember something.

I'm not sure I'd be happy with two Doctors. I don't see where the other would have come from.

Quote: chipolata @ June 21 2010, 6:13 PM BST

I'm not sure I'd be happy with two Doctors. I don't see where the other would have come from.

I don't mean literally two Doctors, the same Doctor at some point going through his time stream to set things up. So he could do it retrospectively somehow, or have been doing things on the hoof throughout the series, or even did things during the first ep, when he disappeared for two years in his new Tardis, claiming to have only been to the moon.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 21 2010, 6:53 PM BST

I don't mean literally two Doctors, the same Doctor at some point going through his time stream to set things up.

Mmm. Providing it doesn't become too complex. My brain already groans when I think about the River Song storyline and whether it actually makes sense.

Quote: chipolata @ June 21 2010, 6:56 PM BST

Mmm. Providing it doesn't become too complex. My brain already groans when I think about the River Song storyline and whether it actually makes sense.

So I'm not the only one! I'm happy to run with it and no doubt Moff has it all mapped out with post it notes but it is a bit bamboozling.

I don't mean literally two Doctors, the same Doctor at some point going through his time stream to set things up. So he could do it retrospectively somehow, or have been doing things on the hoof throughout the series, or even did things during the first ep, when he disappeared for two years in his new Tardis, claiming to have only been to the moon.

I think you might be right - I remember a bit at the end of the first episode of the series when the young Amy hears the Tardis again, which was never really explained. As the alliance of aliens used Amy's memories to build the trap I'm guessing the doctor could go back in time and implant certain things into those memories to help him escape in a Bill and Ted kind of way.

I do wonder where they go with final episode cliff-hangers from here though as they've now done two 'and then the universe blows up' ones

I don't mean literally two Doctors, the same Doctor at some point going through his time stream to set things up. So he could do it retrospectively somehow

4:40?

Quote: Monkeywithtypewriter @ June 21 2010, 7:56 PM BST

in a Bill and Ted kind of way.

Damn!

I didn't think the Doctor could travel in his own timeline?

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 21 2010, 7:59 PM BST

If he did wouldn't the Reapers come back and heal the cracks? Hmmm...

If he did he could just go back five minutes when someone dies.

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 21 2010, 7:59 PM BST

Well, there've been episodes where he meets past versions of himself, so presumably he would be crossing into his own timeline in all of those. Probably more that it's not advisable, or something.

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 21 2010, 8:07 PM BST

If he did he could just go back five minutes when someone dies.

That would be affecting an event that happened though, where as dropping in little things to help him out later would be a bit different. Maybe.

Quote: Badge @ June 21 2010, 8:03 PM BST

If he did wouldn't the Rapers come back and feel her crack? Hmmm...

Enough with the Amy crack jokes already!

Quote: Badge @ June 21 2010, 7:47 PM BST

So I'm not the only one! I'm happy to run with it and no doubt Moff has it all mapped out with post it notes but it is a bit bamboozling.

Well, it would seem, that where as we're going forward with the Doctor's story, we're going backwards with Song's, as each time we meet her is apparently before the last. Maybe at some point we'll see her first meet with the Doctor, and something will be revealed that we didn't expect, 'Memento' style.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 21 2010, 8:09 PM BST

Well, there've been episodes where he meets past versions of himself, so presumably he would be crossing into his own timeline in all of those. Probably more that it's not advisable, or something.

That would be affecting an event that happened though, where as dropping in little things to help him out later would be a bit different. Maybe.

No, he's still messing with time, which I thought was a no no.

I don't go with the opinion that River Song is a later version of The Doctor. Didn't she die in a Tennant episode? And I don't remember her regenerating.