British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 569

Quote: sootyj @ June 20 2010, 10:47 PM BST

Go back to your Guardian you politically correct cone head.

Shit sooty I thought I'd gone back and edited it.

Melanie Phillips is my hacker.

Quote: chipolata @ June 20 2010, 10:47 PM BST

Pleased My concern about part 2 is that since "Pandora's Box" plays such a big part of this storyline then I fear the very RTD concept of "Hope" will be a big part of the resolution.

I was thinking the same thing.
But Hope is already in the box.
And on the forum.

The Doctor might Hope his way out of the box.

He got out of a birdcage so anything is possible.

Quote: zooo @ June 19 2010, 7:53 PM BST

Yeah, me too! But that was a proper spider, this one was kind of... jellyfish legish.

More like a Brittle-star starfish actually.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ June 20 2010, 11:03 PM BST

He got out of a birdcage so anything is possible.

>_< I was hoping to get through a day without thinking about the abomination that was the Doctor-in-a-cage episode!

Haven't read the million pages since last week's episode, so here are my thoughts (which may already have been poo pooed earlier).

Not a bad first episode, didn't see the end coming, with the Doctor being locked up. I think the voice on the intercom sounded like Davros, but I have a horrible feeling this will all be down to the Dream blokey from earlier in the series; and it'll end with a young Amy waking up in a piss soak bed, but I hope not.

Oh, and didn't River Song die in a different episode? So she can't die now too.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 19 2010, 8:44 PM BST

Is it colour? Does it have one of those four inch sqaure screens you see in reeeaaallly old tellies?

Pah! They were 9 inch screens you know!

Projection sets which had the tube at the bottom pointing up at a mirror which reflected it onto the translucent screen at the front.

Gave off dangerous amounts of xrays but fortunately most went upwards to damage the people in the room above instead of the watchers.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 19 2010, 8:48 PM BST

Did anyone else notice when they said only the Doctor can control the Tardis? Were they just wrong, or does that mean River is a future Doctor; or that it was some future Doctor, or Matt Smith's Doctor, or something, controlling it? And whose voice was it in the Tardis? Was it future Doctor? Or just an automated ship voice? Hmm.

Cough.

But also River said the Doctor taught her how to drive the Tardis, so that tends to rule her out as a "future Doctor" because they rarely meet each other.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ June 19 2010, 10:29 PM BST

It's not easy, nor is doing a three point turn in four dimensions.

Yeah, I think the minimum theoretical turn is a four-point turn.

:D

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 20 2010, 11:23 PM BST

Oh, and didn't River Song die in a different episode? So she can't die now too.

Could be earlier on her personal time-line.

Not a bad episode. Cyber R was a little bit of a waste of space.

Maybe the Dr has a sex change and is Riversong?

http://www.denofgeek.com/television/515986/trying_to_answer_the_questions_raised_by_doctor_who_the_pandorica_opens.html

There's an interesting little tit-bit on the front cover of this weeks Doctor Who Magazine relating to the next episode:

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.com/

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 21 2010, 9:18 AM BST

http://www.denofgeek.com/television/515986/trying_to_answer_the_questions_raised_by_doctor_who_the_pandorica_opens.html

Since we're playing Theory Roulette, my latest is that the Doctor's in his little box for two thousand years, during which time the Alliance of Monsters makes Earth a living hell and generally f**k up the entire universe. The Doc realises that the only way to save everything is to destroy the Tardis, create a new big bang, and literally reset the entire universe.

And if that happens Moffat's got a blank slate to do what he likes with future series, including bringing the Timelords in as they'd no longer be time locked.

Quote: chipolata @ June 21 2010, 9:58 AM BST

Since we're playing Theory Roulette, my latest is that the Doctor's in his little box for two thousand years, during which time the Alliance of Monsters makes Earth a living hell and generally f**k up the entire universe. The Doc realises that the only way to save everything is to destroy the Tardis, create a new big bang, and literally reset the entire universe.

And if that happens Moffat's got a blank slate to do what he likes with future series, including bringing the Timelords in as they'd no longer be time locked.

I think the Doctor has been preparing some sort of escape throughout the series; remember the alternate Doctor appearing in the second Angel's episode, asking Amy to remember something.