British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 563

Quote: Marc P @ June 19 2010, 10:51 PM BST

I think you will find Dr Matt I am in you corner most of the time so probably not! :)

Ah, okay, just said that because I put something up for a moment about opinion then deleted it.

Same here, I usually agree with Matt
I was going to say that I prefered the Girl In the Fireplace to Blink as well.
But I think he works better as the last of his kind.

Quote: AngieBaby @ June 19 2010, 10:53 PM BST

I know what you mean zooo, after all the comments on here, I was a bit embarressed that I'd enjoyed the VVG episode so much.

Screw 'em. If you loved it, then it was great, doesn't matter what other people say.

Quote: Marc P @ June 19 2010, 10:51 PM BST

I think you will find Dr Matt I am in you corner most of the time so probably not! :)

:O Balderdash! You've criticised Who whereas Stott won't have a word said against it.

Quote: chipolata @ June 19 2010, 10:55 PM BST

:O Balderdash!

:D Huuzzah. Good word.

Good game as well

:O Balderdash! You've criticised Who whereas Stott won't have a word said against it.

This is lies!! Why, only a few comments ago I made a derogatory remark about an episode! The idea that I think Who is perfection just isn't true. However, I also don't think that any episode is truely a piece of complete dog shit. I will also, I suppose, and unlike many, look for the good first in episodes rather than the bad. Maybe this is a silly way to go about things, I don't know.

Au contraire! Mr Stott called the Silurian episodes "poor" earlier. Mind you it did take a while...

Quote: Badge @ June 19 2010, 10:58 PM BST

Au contraire! Mr Stott called the Silurian episodes "poor" earlier. Mind you it did take a while...

I think I said it was poor after the first broadcast. But that I thought part two was much better. Overall, it was still a poor story.

EDIT:
Checked, I said 'it was okay', so nat as damning as I should have been, true.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ June 19 2010, 10:57 PM BST

Good game as well

I don't know about that, but Boulderdash was excellent.

Quote: AngieBaby @ June 19 2010, 10:53 PM BST

I know what you mean zooo, after all the comments on here, I was a bit embarressed that I'd enjoyed the VVG episode so much.

I tend to try and enjoy programmes rather than dissect them, it takes the fun out of it.

Why should anyone be embarrassed about liking something? I hated that one, but obviously some people loved it. I don't mind. It didn't stop me tuning in for the next one.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 19 2010, 10:57 PM BST

This is lies!! Why, only a few comments ago I made a derogatory remark about an episode! The idea that I think Who is perfection just isn't true. However, I also don't think that any episode is truely a piece of complete dog shit. I will also, I suppose, and unlike many, look for the good first in episodes rather than the bad. Maybe this is a silly way to go about things, I don't know.

Your reputation proceeds you, sir!

Quote: chipolata @ June 19 2010, 11:02 PM BST

I don't know about that, but Boulderdash was excellent.

I liked Boulderdash.
But Balderdash was a board game, a bit like call my bluff where you had to make up definitions to obscure words & vote on which one was correct.

This post is off topic.

Quote: Badge @ June 19 2010, 11:02 PM BST

Why should anyone be embarrassed about liking something? I hated that one, but obviously some people loved it. I don't mind. It didn't stop me tuning in for the next one.

Well Badge there was so much vitriol aimed at the VVG episode, it made me question my taste. I didn't grow up with Dr Who, so it's all new to me, which is probablly why I enjoy the historic episodes so much. Having said that I do think the Matt Smith series has missed out on having a truely intergalactic experience.

I wouldn't worry about anything said on an internet forum. That way lies madness.