British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 561

Quote: sootyj @ June 19 2010, 8:11 PM BST

This is fabulous especially when compared to the rubbish RTD used to turn out.

Yay! We've just seen a brilliant episode so inevitably RTD has to get some flak! Rolling eyes

Quote: chipolata @ June 19 2010, 7:54 PM BST

I wasn't keen on them bringing Rory back.

But they didn't, not really, it was an Auton.

Moffat really knows how to do a great pre-credits sequence, doesn't he?

Quote: zooo @ June 19 2010, 8:06 PM BST

So echoey and so much background noise I could hardly make out most of his dialogue.
Bit silly.

I was also able to make out every word clearly!

I really enjoyed that episode.
Being the finale they can push the boat out a bit, and I did like the way they linked to the previous episodes.

Would have liked to see a Zygon though.

I hope the second part does it justice, and doesn't end up being another 'Last of the Timelords'

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 19 2010, 8:36 PM BST

I was also able to make out every word clearly!

Fine! My parents have a crap TV! Stop rubbing it in!

Quote: zooo @ June 19 2010, 8:42 PM BST

Fine! My parents have a crap TV! Stop rubbing it in!

Is it colour? Does it have one of those four inch sqaure screens you see in reeeaaallly old tellies?

Unimpressed

Did anyone else notice when they said only the Doctor can control the Tardis? Were they just wrong, or does that mean River is a future Doctor; or that it was some future Doctor, or Matt Smith's Doctor, or something, controlling it? And whose voice was it in the Tardis? Was it future Doctor? Or just an automated ship voice? Hmm.

Cough.

Was that possibly the best 2 parter cliff hanger we've had so far in new Who?

I did like the Eccelston "I'm coming for you Rose" one as well

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 19 2010, 8:48 PM BST

Did anyone else notice when they said only the Doctor can control the Tardis? Were they just wrong, or does that mean River is a future Doctor; or that it was some future Doctor, or Matt Smith's Doctor, or something, controlling it? And whose voice was it in the Tardis? Was it future Doctor? Or just an automated ship voice? Hmm.

Cough.

Maybe it will be revealed that River Song is a Time Lady when the doctor finally meets her for the first time.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ June 19 2010, 8:53 PM BST

Was that possibly the best 2 parter cliff hanger we've had so far in new Who?

I did like the Eccelston "I'm coming for you Rose" one as well

Yeah, I also really liked the one where Tennant got hit by a Dalek and started to regenerate. The resolution next episode was pants, but it was a great place to end an episode!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 19 2010, 8:36 PM BST

But they didn't, not really, it was an Auton.

Hair splitter. Rolling eyes

Quote: chipolata @ June 19 2010, 8:57 PM BST

Hair splitter. Rolling eyes

I will try not to point out the truth from now on! :P

I wonder if Auton Rory could travel with the Doctor next year, shooting stuff with his hand.

A great episode.

One minor gripe, why does the tardis not have 'hands-free'? It was bugging me that River had to keep holding the phone to her ear when she should've been twiddling knobs.

Quote: Mickeza @ June 19 2010, 8:02 PM BST

Thankfully they haven't as he wasn't real. I loved the Doctor saying this would be the first time he'd seen a miracle. There's obviously going to be some time manipulation occurring next week and a fair few reset buttons, but I don't care, the episode was brilliant.
I was convinced the Doctor was going to be in the box, but the explanation was so wonderfully simple. I actually thought Riversong was going to walk out of it too at one point, when he told her to leave the Tardis just as the "thing" was supposed to leave the Pandorica. I got very excited for a moment.

Was it pitched at an 8 year old did you think this episode?

Did River leave the brakes on?

Ooh, I'd forgotten the skull/withered head inside the cyberman. That was fun. The 8 year old me was scared.