British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 553

Quote: Godot Taxis @ June 16 2010, 1:38 PM BST

Instead of insulting me, address the points I make.

It wasn't supposed to be an insult, it was supposed to be lighthearted, you angry thing, you.

I addressed the Amy one, it doesn't bother me. It was a good idea then, still is, doesn't spoil that or Amy's first episode for me.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 16 2010, 1:41 PM BST

It wasn't supposed to be an insult, it was supposed to be lighthearted, you angry thing, you.

I addressed the Amy one, it doesn't bother me. It was a good idea then, still is, doesn't spoil that or Amy's first episode for me.

Plus Amy is cuter then the fire place girl. So forgiven.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ June 16 2010, 1:57 PM BST

Nice way to start a new era, Moffat by copying the central conceit of one of your earlier stories.

Don't artists often revisit the similar ideas again and again? Hell, he'll probably do another variation of it next series.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 16 2010, 1:41 PM BST

Are you serious? You're happy to watch the same story over and over again? How many times can he re-use the same idea before the feedback in your brain is too low to register approval?

Quote: Godot Taxis @ June 16 2010, 12:45 PM BST

Are you serious? You're happy to watch the same story over and over again? How many times can he re-use the same idea before the feedback in your brain is too low to register approval?

Four hundred and twenty nine times. Or there about. But I am quite stupid.

Just catching up on iPlayer at the mo...

I like the latest incarnation of the Dr, especially when she shows her legs off! Maybe she can get a job on 'Countdown' after the next regeneration?

To be fair though, I think Matt Smith is the best Dr since Tom Baker. Downside for me is the story-lines, too many are set on Earth. Why so when there's a big old universe out there!?

But hey, by 21st Century TV standards, it's not that bad!

:)

Quote: Frankie Rage @ June 16 2010, 2:57 PM BST

I like the latest incarnation of the Dr, especially when she shows her legs off! Maybe she can get a job on 'Countdown' after the next regeneration?

Maybe; a recent Countdown ended with the host telling Rachel (the new Carol) that her job might be endangered by the arithmetically-gifted contestant, and she pointed out that the frocks wouldn't suit him. That seems to be her main reason to be there; looking good in a frock.

Quote: Nogget @ June 16 2010, 3:02 PM BST

Maybe; a recent Countdown ended with the host telling Rachel (the new Carol) that her job might be endangered by the arithmetically-gifted contestant, and she pointed out that the frocks wouldn't suit him. That seems to be her main reason to be there; looking good in a frock.

I'd give her one from top and two from the bottom any day.

etc.

Here's Stephen Fry gobbing off. Some good points but refers to DW as a children's programme, just like Eccleston used to. I've always considered it a family programme.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment_and_arts/10326761.stm

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 16 2010, 3:16 PM BST

I've always considered it a family programme.

It is.

:O

What the f**k's happened to his face? It looks like a brown paper bag filled with shit.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 16 2010, 3:25 PM BST

It is.

Well try telling bloody Fry, the uppity bloody toff.

Quote: chipolata @ June 16 2010, 3:28 PM BST

What the f**k's happened to his face? It looks like a brown paper bag filled with shit.

Is that Tom Baker?

Quote: chipolata @ June 16 2010, 3:28 PM BST

Looks like he's got one of those trendy haircuts!

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 16 2010, 3:29 PM BST

Looks like he's got one of those trendy haircuts!

He should comb it down over his shitbag face.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 16 2010, 3:28 PM BST

Well try telling bloody Fry, the uppity bloody toff.

"it's entirely infantilised. It's not grown up."

I don't like that line. A bit snooty.