British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 550

Was Saturday's episode set in Colchester?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 16 2010, 8:50 AM BST

I had noticed, but it's a good idea. Firplace is great,I actually prefer it to Blink, which I realise possibly puts me in a minority of 1. Planet Of The Ood is distinctly meh. Though there is one nice disgusting bit near the end.

Both top notch not much between them.

(Anyway going to take that open goal).

Quote: sootyj @ June 16 2010, 9:38 AM BST

Both top notch not much between them.

(Anyway going to take that open goal).

I'll have to watch Blink again, I think I've only ever seen it once. I know that may shock some of you who think I sit watching Who all day, naked, touching myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFEfmbAeEDY

Quote: chipolata @ June 16 2010, 9:36 AM BST

Thanks everyone! :)

Quote: chipolata @ June 16 2010, 11:01 AM BST

Thanks everyone! :)

Sorry, love. Yes, it was.

You should learn to read between the lines.

Quote: chipolata @ June 16 2010, 9:36 AM BST

Somewhere in Essex.

Arse biscuits. Have just seen what appears to be a big bloody spoiler about what's inside the Pandorica. It's what I thought, but I'd like to have found out for sure whilst watching!

I'm very surprised the Beeb broadcasted the scene in last Saturday's Who where the Doctor nutted James Corden. Twice.

What do you mean you don't remember that happening?
He nutted him and gave him lots of Doctor memories.

I bet children in playgrounds everywhere are copying it.

And why did the Doctor (after he did the air kissy thing) say "that's how you greet each other these days, isn't it?" as if he'd never been in "modern times" before?????

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ June 16 2010, 1:00 PM BST

And why did the Doctor (after he did the air kissy thing) say "that's how you greet each other these days, isn't it?" as if he'd never been in "modern times" before?????

Because he goes through all of time and space and can get confused as to exactly what's customery when, and, most importanly, because it's funny you damn killjoy.

What do you mean you don't remember that happening?

Are you talking to yourself Mikey?

I bet children in playgrounds everywhere are copying it.

Some kids may be impressionable, but I'd be very surprised if they were nuttting each other because of Who. I certainly haven't heard any news reports suggesting a rash of eight year olds going forehead to nose across the nation!

Not trying to killjoy it. I love Doctor Who. :)

Ah, I see. Yes, it was funny, but a little out of character for the Doctor.

And yes, me talking to myself has got worse by being extended to typing to myself.

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ June 16 2010, 1:09 PM BST

Ah, I see. Yes, it was funny, but a little out of character for the Doctor.

It's because it was supposed to be the second episode - when he is still wriggling mentally into his new incarnation and is a bit confused still - but it got bumped along to be episode 11 for some reason. Maybe it took a long time to write or James Corden wasn't available early in the filming schedule.

:)

Marc is convinced!

Quote: zooo @ June 16 2010, 1:13 PM BST

Marc is convinced!

:D

I'd be veeeeerrry surprised if that story was ever going to be the second episode. Unless it was very, very different at one point.

Quote: zooo @ June 16 2010, 1:13 PM BST

Marc is convinced!

'He is. It's the only logical explanation. :D

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 16 2010, 1:15 PM BST

:D

I'd be veeeeerrry surprised if that story was ever going to be the second episode. Unless it was very, very different at one point.

Why?