British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 549

Bring back the Autons too, you could do quite a trippy, horrific story using them properly.

Given that I don't think they've done anything decent with the Old Who "monsters" since the first series I would be happy if they didn't bring back any more of the oldies at all.

I bet Moffat could do something with The Autons, though.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 15 2010, 10:37 PM BST

Yeah, the Autons were totally wasted in "Rose".

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 15 2010, 10:23 PM BST

There was a bit in an ad for next weeks that sounded suspiciously like River Song doing a bit of voiceover, but it may just have been put over the ad as opposed to actually being voiceover.

I thought that was dialogue from earlier in the series. Sounded a bit like Olivia Coleman.

Yeah it was that woman with the kids in that village episode wasn't it?

Yeah never mind all that post series one bollocks..... Star Trek.... new one was awesome!
View Original

Considering Marc P seems to be one of the BCG's only regularly posting Proper Writers, I have to say that I rarely understand what he's on about on a first read.

Or is it a joke I don't get? I can live with that.

I'll try and explain. :) In context remember.

'Yeah never mind all that post series one bollocks' - Means Series one one of Heroes was great and after not so good.

Star Trek,, the new film was awesome. With Spock - i.e Sylar re original post - the actor was great in it.
Maybe I was too condensed with my take on it.

Quote: Badge @ June 15 2010, 8:44 PM BST

I'm with you Kevin but I was assuming Woodforde's Wherry was involved.

:P

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 15 2010, 10:37 PM BST

The Autons can't really be used any more. Plastic is too ubiquitous.

Today the Autons would just phone everybody and then make their mobiles eat their heads. Cue Children dying with fear, Doctor Who being banned and everyone involved being sodomised by Offcom and Mediawatch.

Quote: Marc P @ June 15 2010, 11:22 PM BST

Considering Marc P seems to be one of the BCG's only regularly posting Proper Writers, I have to say that I rarely understand what he's on about

Eh? Are you reading my mind?

I used to not get Marc P, but he's raised his game recently. He's pretty handy these days.

Have found Girl in the Fireplace and Planet of the Ood on another hard disk! No-one's said much about Planet of the Ood, so I'm guessing it's second division. Excited to have the Moffat story though - it's the only one of his I haven't seen now.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ June 16 2010, 12:00 AM BST

Have found Girl in the Fireplace and Planet of the Ood on another hard disk! No-one's said much about Planet of the Ood, so I'm guessing it's second division. Excited to have the Moffat story though - it's the only one of his I haven't seen now.

I know a lot of people love Girl in the Fireplace but it's my least favourite Moffat episode (until this year anyway). It's one of the best of that series, but it isn't as good as his others from RTD Who in my opinion.

Ood = schmood.

Ha Got to post this. Did no-one notice that Moffat has used the same idea for Amy that he used for the girl - that's she's known him all her life! It's exactly the same!

Yeh but it's a good idea. Seems a shame to use it once.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ June 16 2010, 12:14 AM BST

Ha Got to post this. Did no-one notice that Moffat has used the same idea for Amy that he used for the girl - that's she's known him all her life! It's exactly the same!

I had noticed, but it's a good idea. Firplace is great,I actually prefer it to Blink, which I realise possibly puts me in a minority of 1. Planet Of The Ood is distinctly meh. Though there is one nice disgusting bit near the end.