British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 548

Quote: chipolata @ June 15 2010, 8:49 PM BST

How dare you criticise Marc P! He's the Queen Mother of the BCG!

I think that is what Badge was implying.

Quote: chipolata @ June 15 2010, 8:49 PM BST

How dare you criticise Marc P! He's the Queen Mother of the BCG!

Irrelevant, over rated and dead for years?

Oy!
No ganging up!

Stands back to back with Mark P and gets ready to Pun everyone in the face.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ June 15 2010, 9:30 PM BST

Oy!
No gang banging up!

Stands back to back with Mark P and gets ready to sPunk everyone in the face.

Steve you lost your oyster for this sort of behaviour, at this rate they'll brand your face.

Quote: sootyj @ June 15 2010, 9:35 PM BST

Steve you lost your oyster for this sort of behaviour, at this rate they'll brand your face.

Good point.

*runs away

I hope to God Saturday's episode doesn't start with a voiceover. If that happens, all is lost.

So far they haven't needed any of that shit. It's bounced along with a jaunty step and a cheeky whistle all it's very own.

Course it could all still go RTD.

Quote: sootyj @ June 15 2010, 10:19 PM BST

So far they haven't needed any of that shit. It's bounced along with a jaunty step and a cheeky whistle all it's very own.

There was a little voice over in the second Silurian episode, for reasons I don't quite understand.

Just a little one. You can forgive that?

There was a bit in an ad for next weeks that sounded suspiciously like River Song doing a bit of voiceover, but it may just have been put over the ad as opposed to actually being voiceover.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 15 2010, 10:22 PM BST

There was a little voice over in the second Silurian episode, for reasons I don't quite understand.

Because the whole thing was a mess and they were trying to give the episode some oomph?

Quote: sootyj @ June 15 2010, 10:23 PM BST

Just a little one. You can forgive that?

It was odd though, seemed no need at all for it, but there it was.

Quote: Badge @ June 15 2010, 10:24 PM BST

Because the whole thing was a mess and they were trying to give the episode some oomph?

I wouldn't call it a mess really, just dull.

It was a rare stinker. Like they didn't know what to do with a real classic old who villain. Silurians, Ice Warriors, Sontarans it's the second rankers that are often the most fun.

Hm. This thread is still hiding the first post on a new page until someone else posts.

EDIT:

Now I see Sooty's post.

And yes, it seems like there was a much better story that could have been told with the Silurians.

It would be ace to see the Ice Warriors too.

Silurians and Ice Warriors. Ice Warriors being all nails and well 'ard, with the Silurians being all clever and sciency.