British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 543

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 15 2010, 9:48 AM BST

Maybe RTD got him drunk and did something sexy.

I imagine shows like that the work loads are very stressful when things don't go right, and from memory there were alot of problems with reboot series.

Quote: Marc P @ June 14 2010, 2:47 PM BST

I'm not sure why the Doctor started speaking like someone else, mind, and didn't really know what football is. It is my understanding he has visited this planet before and was even marooned here for some while in the seventies.

Indeed. Peter Davison's Doctor was brilliant at cricket (The Black Orchid) and Tom Baker's Doctor was known to be a football fan, watching the Universe Cup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEGaHn8NIg4

Quote: Kenneth @ June 15 2010, 10:34 AM BST

Indeed. Peter Davison's Doctor was brilliant at cricket (The Black Orchid) and Tom Baker's Doctor was known to be a football fan, watching the Universe Cup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEGaHn8NIg4

After regenerating, just as he seems to pick up new skills, ideas and behaviours, he may very well lose some.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 15 2010, 10:37 AM BST

After regenerating, just as he seems to pick up new skills, ideas and behaviours, he may very well lose some.

It is not acceptable to be so ignorant 11 eps in, if this was not written as the second this comes across like it or the third ep. I bet some jiggling about has been done. I bet your hat on it!
:)

Quote: Marc P @ June 15 2010, 10:42 AM BST

It is not acceptable to be so ignorant 11 eps in,

Well maybe he hadn't got round to watching any football yet! He was fighting Daleks, he probably had to miss a few games! :D

You may also just be right.

I still go with my senility theory.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 15 2010, 10:45 AM BST

Well maybe he hadn't got round to watching any football yet! He was fighting Daleks, he probably had to miss a few games! :D

You may also just be right.

:D

Quote: Godot Taxis @ June 15 2010, 12:56 AM BST

Apart from the execrable dialogue mentioned above we now have an UNRECOGNISABLE Mork & Mindy Doctor who doesn't know that he doesn't like wine, so spits it straight back into the glass...

Oh dear, dear. Hartnell drank wine in The Romans, Pertwee in The Day of the Daleks, and Tom Baker in The Brain of Morbius (I think) and Warrior's Gate.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ June 15 2010, 12:56 AM BST

I think it must be apparent to most here now that Moffat is not in control and he cannot steer the show like RTD did. Aside from his efforts, very little of what we have had this year has been of any quality and there is a big question mark over next weeks budget-busting monster fest. The crack is real and it's not in fabric of time it's in the fabric of this show.

Would it be so hard to bring back Terrance Dicks and Phillip Hinchcliffe, and see what they would come up with now?

Quote: Kenneth @ June 15 2010, 11:03 AM BST

Oh dear, dear. Hartnell drank wine in The Romans, Pertwee in The Day of the Daleks, and Tom Baker in The Brain of Morbius (I think) and Warrior's Gate.

And who can forget McCoy in Paradise Towers, getting bumfaced on turps and rimming Bonnie Langford.

And Ecclestone mentioning that Lloyd George used to drink him under the table.

Each time the Doctor regenerates he loses any skills/knowledge he learnt in his last but one incarnation.

E.g. Doctor number 8 can't remember any skills learnt by Doctor number 6.

Quote: don rushmore @ June 15 2010, 11:57 AM BST

Each time the Doctor regenerates he loses any skills/knowledge he learnt in his last but one incarnation.

E.g. Doctor number 8 can't remember any skills learnt by Doctor number 6.

That's not true though is it? He can remember the Assistants and how to pilot the Tardis.

Quote: Kenneth @ June 15 2010, 11:03 AM BST

I've put it once, just above, but anyway; after regenerating, the Doctor changes, that can include things like what he likes the taste of. THIS version doesn't like wine. Or doesn't like the wine he was given in this instance.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 15 2010, 12:10 PM BST

Or doesn't like the wine he was given in this instance.

That is a much better interpretation.

He was spitting things out in the first ep hasn't done so since until this ep. Timey wimey has gone wibbly wobbly you ask me! :)