British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 542

Quote: Nogget @ June 15 2010, 6:23 AM BST

Re: Perception filter; this is one of my favourite elements, because to me it seems genuinely subversive to highlight the fact that so many of us completely ignore huge, sinister things in society, even though they are there, right in front of our eyes. And very often, we actually vote for them.

Maybe giving Moffat and a co a little bit too much credit there?

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 15 2010, 9:03 AM BST

Maybe giving Moffat and a co a little bit too much credit there?

Regardless of who deserves credit, it behoves us all to take notice of sinister things hiding in plain view.

Quote: Timbo @ June 15 2010, 8:43 AM BST

Reminiscent of Douglas Adams 'somebody-else's-problem' field.

Yes, they amount to the same thing.

Quote: Nogget @ June 15 2010, 9:06 AM BST

Regardless of who deserves credit, it behoves us all to take notice of sinister things hiding in plain view.

I suppose I'm a sinister thing hidden in plain view.

I don't really see the problem with the psychic paper, it's a neat, funny short cut. The sonic is over used, The Silurian story, with it blowing up their guns, being the worst offender. It hasn't been utilised much in the last couple of episodes, though.

Quote: Marc P @ June 15 2010, 8:33 AM BST

I was talking about this last night with herself and I reckon this was probably written as the second episode -

I doubt it, we'd only just met Amy and she would barely have featured in the second episode in that case.

Quote: Timbo @ June 15 2010, 2:33 AM BST

It isn't, but neither is it a requirement for characters to consistently speak in grammatically correct sentences.

Hm, I don't quite see what the problem was with the line.

Quote: Timbo @ June 15 2010, 2:33 AM BST

I am not sure they were excluded; in fact the Tardis featured rather more prominently than usual -

Yes; it played more of a role than usual, it seemed to me.

Eccleston has some interesting things to say about his Who departure.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment_and_arts/10312426.stm

Quote: Godot Taxis @ June 15 2010, 12:56 AM BST

line - 'call me the rot-meister'.

"No, I'm The Doctor, Don't call me the rot-meister."

Made me laugh. :D

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 15 2010, 9:17 AM BST

Interesting. Though odd. I wonder quite what he meant by not being comfortable, and so on??

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 15 2010, 9:20 AM BST

Interesting. Though odd. I wonder quite what he meant by not being comfortable, and so on??

Everybody was probably all a bit too upbeat.

Or he didn't like the gays.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 15 2010, 9:26 AM BST

Everybody was probably all a bit too upbeat.

Or he didn't like the gays.

:D

Maybe he'd never watched Doctor Who and thought it was some gritty drama set in the North.

Plus a lot of Doctor Who fans are fanatical wankblobs who take the show far more seriously than it deserves. Endlessly discussing it on internet forums etc. That might have made Jug Ears uncomfortable.

Quote: chipolata @ June 15 2010, 9:34 AM BST

Plus a lot of Doctor Who fans are fanatical wankblobs who take the show far more seriously than it deserves. Endlessly discussing it on internet forums etc. That might have made Jug Ears uncomfortable.

:D
Though he must have known what he was getting in to. He actually chased the role, no one approached him!

And it's Mr Wankblob to you, boy!

Quote: chipolata @ June 15 2010, 9:34 AM BST

We are the Wankblobs and you have been assimilated.

There is something wrong with this thread, I keep seeing that someone else has posted, but it doesn't appear until yet another post is added. Odd.

As has just happened after posting that, now I see the Lucas Wankblob post. I think it's when it gets to the end of a page.

That just happened to me. And I don't mind admitting, it scared me a little.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 15 2010, 9:17 AM BST

That doesn't really mean anything though does it?? It might just of been the producers we're dicks and shouted at the runners or he was worried about more sleethen episodes lol :D I still think he was the best Doctor.

Quote: Gavin @ June 15 2010, 9:47 AM BST

That doesn't really mean anything though does it?? It might just of been the producers we're dicks and shouted at the runners or he was worried about more sleethen episodes lol

Maybe RTD got him drunk and did something sexy.