British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 538

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 14 2010, 1:56 PM BST

Enjoyable as Saturday's ep was, I do hope next season will have a little more dramatic depth to it. Been very light and humourous this season.

This series is probably light and fluffy as an introduction to them all then do meatier things next year.

The comedy worked this week, I'm not sure why the Doctor started speaking like someone else, mind, and didn't really know what football is. It is my understanding he has visited this planet before and was even marooned here for some while in the seventies.

He just forgot. He's a scatty c**t.

Quote: Marc P @ June 14 2010, 2:47 PM BST

The comedy worked this week, I'm not sure why the Doctor started speaking like someone else, mind, and didn't really know what football is. It is my understanding he has visited this planet before and was even marooned here for some while in the seventies.

Yes. I don't really buy all this guff about him not being sure how to act as a normal human man, given that more or less every episode is set there! (here)

Quote: Marc P @ June 14 2010, 2:47 PM BST

I like the comic element of the show. The football stuff didn't really seem that out it was a little eye rolly. "Yes we know you've got some world cup matches" but not that bad really.

Quote: zooo @ June 14 2010, 2:48 PM BST

He just forgot. He's a scatty c**t.

:O Is no one innocent?

:D

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 14 2010, 2:49 PM BST

Yes. I don't really buy all this guff about him not being sure how to act as a normal human man, given that more or less every episode is set there! (here)

I've live here 20 odd years I'm still not sure ;)

Quote: Gavin @ June 14 2010, 2:50 PM BST

I've live here 20 odd years I'm still not sure ;)

I try and act normal during the day and then go 'odd' at night.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 14 2010, 2:54 PM BST

I try and act normal during the day and then go 'odd' at night.

I try doing that but normal is quite dull

If you puts a comedy writer in charge you're going to get light and fluffy. I imagine next series will be largely the sam.

Quote: Gavin @ June 14 2010, 2:55 PM BST

I try doing that but normal is quite dull

I'm quite good at being dull. Had a lot of practice.

Quote: chipolata @ June 14 2010, 2:56 PM BST

If you puts a comedy writer in charge you're going to get light and fluffy. I imagine next series will be largely the sam.

Oh I like the sound of this The Sam, will she be like The Doctor or The Master, only.. you know... foxier???

:)

Quote: Marc P @ June 14 2010, 3:00 PM BST

Oh I like the sound of this The Sam, will she be like The Doctor or The Master, only.. you know... foxier??? :)

Rolling eyes I knew if I left that typo in some wag would jump on it!

I am The Sam, and you will obey!!!

*tee hee*