British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 532

I didn't mind it, but I like it when they bring back the old villains, at least I did until The Areyousurians the other week.

You do seem to have missed some of the best episodes though Godot, but very few of the stinkers.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ June 11 2010, 5:31 PM BST

If people put up a list of the best shows I'll try to see them.

My own personal list, but I think RTD is a fantastic writer so what do I know?

Season 1:
Rose
The End Of The World
Dalek
Fathers Day
Empty Child/Doctor Dances

Season 2:
Girl In The Fireplace
Impossible Planet/Satan's Pit

Season 3:
Human Nature/ Family Of Blood
Blink
Utopia (The ending of this episode will make you want to watch the next episode, DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK!!)

Season 4:
Silence In The Library/Forest Of The Dead
Midnight
Turn Left
Stolen Earth/Journey's End

Specials:
Waters Of Mars (After not appreciating it much the first time of asking, I re-watched it recently and it has now become favourite new who episode)

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ June 11 2010, 8:42 PM BST

You do seem to have missed some of the best episodes though Godot, but very few of the stinkers.

That's a bit annoying.

From what I can gather these are the one's to see.
Girl In The Fireplace
Midnight
Turn Left

Have just searched for Midnight on my desktop and found the file (recorded 31st december 2008). Am about to watch it - very exciting!

Clip of Moffat before talking about Riversong. Man he's ugly. He looks like a teleporter pile up between Craig Charles and Tom Jones...

Settling down now...

man they really f**ked up the credits with the latest series.

Godot is an androgon.

Dr Who has always been a bit shit. It's why it's fun and entertaining.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ June 12 2010, 12:37 AM BST

From what I can gather these are the one's to see.
Girl In The Fireplace
Midnight
Turn Left

Have just searched for Midnight on my desktop and found the file (recorded 31st december 2008). Am about to watch it - very exciting!

Doomsday is one of my 3 favourite episodes (Along with Blink and Girl in The Fireplace.)
For all I know it's not at all the type you would enjoy. But who can tell.
:)

Tooth and Claw was quite fun too (the werewolf one). And I rather liked the TV one with whatshername.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ June 11 2010, 5:25 AM BST

Waters of mars
One where the hospital's on the moon.
David Morrissey One
Idiot's lantern
One with the traffic jam and dougal from father ted
cybermen one
Love and Monsters
One where Davros comes back
Kylie Minogue one
Blink
Silence in the Library
The last two Tennant ones

I also turned two off in disgust before the end:
One with a big wasp
and one where a bloke came out of a dalek wearing spats - which was the biggest pile of shit I've ever seen in Doctor Who - including the 'Clown Years' of JNT.

Some other ones you may not need to avoid.

'42' isn't too shabby.
School Reunion (with Sarah Jane & K9 it's got a bit of nostalgia)
Planet of the Ood wasn't bad
And Fires Of Pompeii is possibly the best 'back in time' episode
Especially when Peter Capaldi calls the Doctor a Spikey haired streak of time travelling cock piss & theatens to stick the sonic screwdriver up his arse.

Okay, have just seen Midnight.

It's not bad. I can see why people like it. It's a good idea but it goes on long enough to be irritating and the characters on board the craft are fairly hard-edged clichés. The homo mob stuff is also all a bit predictable.

It's probably better than anything in this current series, although the 'message' of no-one being able to remember the hostess' name was rather heavy handed and actually fairly unlikely.

I did like it though.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ June 12 2010, 1:59 AM BST

Especially when Peter Capaldi calls the Doctor a Spikey haired streak of time travelling cock piss & theatens to stick the sonic screwdriver up his arse.

Lol.

Quote: sootyj @ June 12 2010, 12:43 AM BST

Godot is an androgon.

Dr Who has always been a bit shit. It's why it's fun and entertaining.

I don't know what an androgon is, but you've just helped me solve something that's been bothering me for several years. When I first meet Junkmailer DannyJP he reminded me of someone but I couldn't remember who.

Picture removed

By writing androgon you helped trigger it - an Ogron - of Death to the Daleks fame. I'm right aren't I. No offence Danny - love your stand up.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ June 12 2010, 2:09 AM BST

Okay, have just seen Midnight.

It's not bad. I can see why people like it. It's a good idea but it goes on long enough to be irritating and the characters on board the craft are fairly hard-edged clichés. The homo mob stuff is also all a bit predictable.

It's probably better than anything in this current series, although the 'message' of no-one being able to remember the hostess' name was rather heavy handed and actually fairly unlikely.

I did like it though.

According to his book, RTD wrote it in a couple of days, too; when he had to axe someone elses script. I know that shouldn't come into an appreciation of the actual finished thing, but it did impress me a touch. It also showed that RTD can write as dark as any other Who writer when he wants; it shows people in a very grim light.

Did RTD write the Torchwood mini series thing recently? Or was it several writers. That was fecking dark.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 12 2010, 11:21 AM BST

RTD wrote it in a couple of days, too; when he had to axe someone elses script

Imagine how shit that script must have been that even RTD didn't think it was good enough for Doctor Who.

Quote: chipolata @ June 12 2010, 11:40 AM BST

Imagine how shit that script must have been that even RTD didn't think it was good enough for Doctor Who.

Maybe it had some sci-fi in it.

Quote: chipolata @ June 12 2010, 11:40 AM BST

Oi! Leave RTD alone Angry

Did he reveal who wrote the episode that was canned? I've ordered 'The Writers Tale' which should be coming on Monday, can't wait to read it.

Quote: Mickeza @ June 12 2010, 11:47 AM BST

I've ordered 'The Writers Tale' which should be coming on Monday, can't wait to read it.

I've heard that in the final chapter he just point a screwdriver at the spaceship and it explodes.

Quote: Nogget @ June 12 2010, 11:50 AM BST

I've heard that in the final chapter he just point a screwdriver at the spaceship and it explodes.

:D