British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 2,178

It does look common. But probably because you usually only see it in council estates and massive housing blocks.
If you saw a big flag hanging from a mansion it'd probably look okay. :)

Having one on a nice flag pole could be quite cool, it's just when they're strung out of a window like an old dirty sheet it can look tacky.

Quote: zooo @ June 9 2010, 3:15 PM BST

It does look common. But probably because you usually only see it in council estates and massive housing blocks.
If you saw a big flag hanging from a mansion it'd probably look okay. :)

*Chip hopes zooo never gets into a position of power with the National Trust or English Heritage*

Haha. I wouldn't put the white and red one up anyway, it looks like a first aid sign, and is a bit too plain.
The Union Jack, however...

Quote: chipolata @ June 9 2010, 3:13 PM BST

I've heard of housing associations having a word with residents about hanging flags from there windows and such. My view is it's all dreadfully common.

My flag is hung correctly, meets all the housing association regulations and is also quite common. But it this case "common" means that most of my neighbors fly flags, too.

That's nowhere near as obtrusive as some of the flags hanging out of English windows. Pity it's the flag of a terminally ill superpower, though. Pleased

Google looks lovely today!

Quote: zooo @ June 10 2010, 12:44 PM BST

Google looks lovely today!

:| Really? Isn't it just the normal one?

Not on my computer.... :/

No, it has weird metal flower background thingy.

Now it's a desert.

Aaron is not at all impressed with Google's venture into background images.

Quote: zooo @ June 10 2010, 12:54 PM BST

Not on my computer.... :/

Quote: Leevil @ June 10 2010, 1:04 PM BST

No, it has weird metal flower background thingy.

Now it's a desert.

*looks again*

You'll need to go to one of the regional sites, not .com.

On co.uk. Still not working in Safari. Works in Firefox though.

Do you have you be signed in?

No, but you do if you want to get rid of it, it seems.

Ah, it doesn't work in Safari for some reason, and there's no way of getting rid of it. The best compromise is to find the plain white bg image.