British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 154

'I like your belly but I'd like to see Sir Patrick Stewart dying on stage any day.'

I like that.

Quote: sootyj @ June 9 2010, 12:24 PM BST

I now 110% despise James "should have a " Cordon.

How dare he mock the captain of the Enterprise.

The arse whistle.

Well I hate Corden and Love Stewart, but from the sounds of it, Sir Pat started the insults, and Corden was trying to retaliate. I'd like to see the video.

Cordon should be grateful to share the same oxygen as Stewart.

Quote: Nogget @ June 9 2010, 12:50 PM BST

Well I hate Corden and Love Stewart, but from the sounds of it, Sir Pat started the insults, and Corden was trying to retaliate. I'd like to see the video.

That's what I got, too. It was on the radio before, and people who were there were saying that Stewart suddenly turned the atmosphere of the whole room with his jibes. Seems a bit of a misjudged attempt at humour.

Well he is a Knight of the realm. Probably thinks he has some saying in the run of things.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 9 2010, 1:08 PM BST

That's what I got, too. It was on the radio before, and people who were there were saying that Stewart suddenly turned the atmosphere of the whole room with his jibes. Seems a bit of a misjudged attempt at humour.

Probably. But considering the Corden and Horne sketch show, old gutbucket shouldn't be so quick to judge misguided humour.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 9 2010, 1:12 PM BST

Well he is a Knight of the realm. Probably thinks he has some saying in the run of things.

He fought off the Borg. That's good enough for me.

Quote: chipolata @ June 9 2010, 1:14 PM BST

He fought off the Borg. That's good enough for me.

He probably sits there, in the dark, naked, with his f**king sash or whatever you f**king get, saying 'Make it so, Mr Data', through his f**king tears...

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 9 2010, 1:20 PM BST

He probably sits there, in the dark, naked, with his f**king sash or whatever you f**king get, saying 'Make it so, Mr Data', through his f**king tears...

He does appear naked in an episode of Star Trek. I can't remember which one. I think maybe he was tortured by some Romulans. It's a powerful episode. And the sort of thing I'd like to see more of in Doctor Who.

Quote: chipolata @ June 9 2010, 1:23 PM BST

He does appear naked in an episode of Star Trek.

Klingons?

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 9 2010, 1:30 PM BST

Klingons?

On the Starboard bow.

Quote: Nogget @ June 9 2010, 12:50 PM BST

I'd like to see the video.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/post/628026/

Blimey. Corden looked as though he was either going to break down in tears or smack Stewart. Drink was doubtless involved somewhere along the line.

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 9 2010, 2:07 PM BST

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/post/628026/

Cheers; well, I'm still none the wiser. Was Sir Pat reading the insults? Just how drunk was he? Was it even a spat, or was it an embarrassing attempt at banter?

And isn't it sad that Corden's only gag is his belly?

Quote: Nogget @ June 9 2010, 2:20 PM BST

Was Sir Pat reading the insults?

It did look like that didn't it? :D

Quote: Nogget @ June 9 2010, 2:20 PM BST

And isn't it sad that Corden's only gag is his belly?

Wasn't that all Horne & Corden was?

I picture Stewart walking into haberdasheries and screaming "make it sew" at the sewing machines.