British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 2,177

Haha!
Hardly a bloody police matter is it.

Unless they were in fact swastikas...? :)

Quote: DaButt @ June 8 2010, 11:24 PM BST

All of our police cars have American flags on them. Many police uniforms do, too.

What, flappy ones attached to the windows?

They're like this, Dabutt.

Some people can go overboard though, with about 6 flags on one car.

You can get England flag toilet seat stickers in Poundland.

Quote: zooo @ June 8 2010, 11:31 PM BST

They're like this, Dabutt.

No, the ones on the police cars are only decals. We have plenty of the flappy kind of flags that are displayed for the local college/NFL football, baseball, basketball or hockey teams. They really come out when the local team is in some sort of championship battle.

Yeah same here. You only really see them every few years for the World Cup etc.

Yeah, funny how patriotism and a love of one's country seems to be inextricably linked to football.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ June 8 2010, 11:13 PM BST

A friend of My cousins was stopped by the police today and told to remove her England flags from her car as they were causing offence.
She refused.

Good on her.

Quote: Aaron @ June 9 2010, 12:05 AM BST

Good on her.

Hadn't got you down as a footie fan?

Bet you've got an England shirt with Rooney on the back ! Go on ! Admit it !

I care not for football.

So, ergo, you care not for flags on cars 'cos that's the only thing they are associated with.

Quote: Oldrocker @ June 9 2010, 12:05 AM BST

Yeah, funny how patriotism and a love of one's country seems to be inextricably linked to football.

It's an inherited TRIBAL instinct.

Football has replaced (or consumed) the ancient tribal posturing pseudo wars of hominids.

The best known instances are probably the Maoris , who have carried the original posturing onto the playing fields.

Quote: Oldrocker @ June 9 2010, 12:39 AM BST

So, ergo, you care not for flags on cars 'cos that's the only thing they are associated with.

If you're a moron.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ June 8 2010, 11:13 PM BST

A friend of My cousins was stopped by the police today and told to remove her England flags from her car as they were causing offence.
She refused.

Still nice to see the police will be busy over the next month.

Really?

I've heard of housing associations having a word with residents about hanging flags from there windows and such. My view is it's all dreadfully common.