British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 148

This is what happens when you ban fox hunting:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk/10255596.stm

Perhaps fox hunting will one day be restored as an Olympic sport.

Quote: Kenneth @ June 8 2010, 10:43 AM BST

This is what happens when you ban fox hunting:

That was an urban fox and therefore wouldn't have been caught in any hunt.

If one fox attack in hundreds of years of records means we should get rid of them, what does thousands of dog attacks per year mean?

What was the foxes motive?

For all we know, the fox-attack story is a clumsy cover-up for something more humanly sinister.

Quote: Nogget @ June 8 2010, 11:53 AM BST

For all we know, the fox-attack story is a clumsy cover-up for something more humanly sinister.

My thoughts exactly.

Oo, like what?

Quote: zooo @ June 8 2010, 11:48 AM BST

If one fox attack in hundreds of years of records means we should get rid of them, what does thousands of dog attacks per year mean?

It's a constant bafflement to me, as a father of young children, that our society allows people with such little consideration for anyone's welfare, to own such beasts. "Oh, he won't bite" they say, as Tyson bounds over, off the lead and out of control. Really? Hey, my tarantula doesn't bite either, shall I stick him in your idiot face?

Quote: Leevil @ June 8 2010, 11:56 AM BST

Oo, like what?

Like Gordon Brown has turned zombie and is preying on children in the night.

Quote: Nogget @ June 8 2010, 11:58 AM BST

My thoughts exac... Eh?

Ah, makes sense.

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 8 2010, 11:59 AM BST

My thoughts exac... Eh?

:D

Quote: chipolata @ June 8 2010, 11:33 AM BST

That was an urban fox and therefore wouldn't have been caught in any hunt.

You could put a bounty on urban foxes to encourage otherwise idle or mischief-making young youths to catch them with traps.

It's a constant bafflement to me, as a father of young children, that our society allows people with such little consideration for anyone's welfare, to own such beasts. "Oh, he won't bite" they say, as Tyson bounds over, off the lead and out of control. Really? Hey, my tarantula doesn't bite either, shall I stick him in your idiot face?

Quit bellyaching! Society lets you own children with little consideration for my welfare! :)

Why was the fox put down? I understand this is a really horrible incident but I can't image the same fox doing it again. Unless it's a case of 'Once a mauler, always a mauler'.

Quote: Kenneth @ June 8 2010, 12:02 PM BST

You could put a bounty on urban foxes to encourage otherwise idle or mischief-making young youths to catch them with traps.

Great, because pets aren't in enough danger as it is from moron youths.

"Oh, he won't bite" they say, as Tyson bounds over, off the lead and out of control.

Or ... "He's only playing!", after their dog has put two huge, muddy paw prints down the front of one's jeans.