Aaron !

Quote: zooo @ June 8 2010, 12:42 AM BST

Don't get it. :(

There's an app for that.

Quote: Leevil @ June 8 2010, 1:01 AM BST

There's an app for that.

...urgh.

*shrugs*

Gav, care to help me make sense of this?

STEP 2 (Tuesday, Week 1):

Write 5-9 words. This is a 300% increase in writing over yesterday but I know you can handle it. Write the theme. Squeeze it into 5-9 words (AKA: "men are truly evil beings," or "boys & girls can't be buddies because of sex," or "siblings are born to be rivals," etc.) and type it. Next, cut it out and scotch tape it onto your keyboard or typewriter or screen. Thus, when you go to write your script you will always be reminded to keep it flowing through the 5-9 word theme.

The AKA is throwing me, plus what does it mean by theme. Thirdly...

Plus,

"to keep it flowing through the 5-9 word theme"

WTF?! Huh?

Quote: Leevil @ June 8 2010, 1:52 AM BST

*shrugs*

Gav, care to help me make sense of this?

STEP 2 (Tuesday, Week 1):

The AKA is throwing me, plus what does it mean by theme. Thirdly...

This what saw it as is the basic message that goes through the film. So terminator would be "There is no fate but what we make"

Ah, right. I geddit now. It seems hard to put that into perspective of a sitcom. But I suppose something like Friends or Coupling might be "boys & girls can't be buddies because of sex,"

Quote: Leevil @ June 8 2010, 2:04 AM BST

Ah, right. I geddit now. It seems hard to put that into perspective of a sitcom.

Ah now I can help with that because I just did one and mine was.

Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear"

Basically it's a misunderstanding plot you see.

Quote: Leevil @ June 8 2010, 2:04 AM BST

Ah, right. I geddit now. It seems hard to put that into perspective of a sitcom. But I suppose something like Friends or Coupling might be "boys & girls can't be buddies because of sex,"

Yeh but you're doing the theme for the episode not the series as a whole.

Quote: Gavin @ June 8 2010, 2:06 AM BST

Ah now I can help with that because I just did one and mine was.

Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear"

Basically it's a misunderstanding plot you see.

Ah, right. And what just about to ask that:

Quote: Gavin @ June 8 2010, 2:06 AM BST

Yeh but you're doing the theme for the episode not the series as a whole.

I didn't have a clue what I was going to write about. I just ended up making a title up on the spot and very loosely having an idea what it could be about. But writing just for an episode and not a whole idea kinda makes me think I need to think up more details in advance. I dunno, we'll see how it goes.

Quote: Leevil @ June 8 2010, 2:10 AM BST

Ah, right. And what just about to ask that:

I didn't have a clue what I was going to write about. I just ended up making a title up on the spot and very loosely having an idea what it could be about. But writing just for an episode and not a whole idea kinda makes me think I need to think up more details in advance. I dunno, we'll see how it goes.

Are you adapting this to write a TV series then? Because it's not really designed for that. I'm sure it could be done, but not ideal. I managed because characters setting are all in my head already so it's not that bad a leap.

The whole point is just to do something if the original title is shit come back to it at the end and change but it's more important to finish something then worry bout a tiny detail until your fed up with it all.

Oh, no. It's not the title, I quite like that part actually :$. I suppose I've gone into this thinking it'll help me from no idea (a blank page) to a full script. But I suppose it's for those who have an idea, but can't get it down on the page.

I'll develop my idea more and stick with this though. As I need some discipline dammit!

Quote: Gavin @ June 8 2010, 2:15 AM BST

Are you adapting this to write a TV series then?

I could write it as a one off for now and then see if it has legs.

Quote: Leevil @ June 8 2010, 2:20 AM BST

Oh, no. It's not the title, I quite like that part actually :$. I suppose I've gone into this thinking it'll help me from no idea (a blank page) to a full script. But I suppose it's for those who have an idea, but can't get it down on the page.

I'll develop my idea more and stick with this though. As I need some discipline dammit!

I could write it as a one off for now and then see if it has legs.

Lol it will help you structure your ideas and let you write the coherently but you need to fill the paper with something :P

why not enter red planet 60 minute thing with it??

Alternatively just partner with someone with an idea and you write it. There are butt loads flying aboot.

Quote: Gavin @ June 8 2010, 2:23 AM BST

Lol it will help you structure your ideas and let you write the coherently but you need to fill the paper with something :P

Oh, I know! :D

I just meant I'll go ahead and think about my idea in more depth, instead of what I was originally doing and coming up with it on the spot, when I sat down to do my Step of the day. Now I understand it all n all that.

Quote: Gavin @ June 8 2010, 2:23 AM BST

why not enter red planet 60 minute thing with it??

Alternatively just partner with someone with an idea and you write it. There are butt loads flying aboot.

Nah, I'm going to avoid writing partnerships for a while. I don't seem to cope well when the idea falls away from me.

Although I can't rule out further animation-collaborations with you, my dear Gavinator. :)

WTF? This whole page is batshit weird.

Guano.