British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 517

Quote: Marc P @ June 7 2010, 1:13 PM BST

Yes he's very good. But statements saying he the best ever are are either only there to make it all the more dramatic that he is in jeopardy, or proselytising by the writer. The key mantra as ever is 'show don't tell' and we weren't shown. This is what drama is all about after all.

You're like the Yoda of drama.

Green and wrinkled.

I hate, in TV shows (generally, not Who particularly) when it feels like they have clearly put in a summing-up-the-action uber dramatic line, just so it can be used in the trailer.

Quote: zooo @ June 7 2010, 1:15 PM BST

I hate, in TV shows (generally, not Who particularly) when it feels like they have clearly put in a summing-up-the-action uber dramatic line, just so it can be used in the trailer.

I la la la, stick my fingers in my ears and don't watch the trailers at the end of WHO.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 7 2010, 1:15 PM BST

You're like the Yoda of drama.

Green and wrinkled.

It's true. Sick

My big problem with the last episode is that it just wasn't very Dr Who-ish. Sure, the acting was good, and the recreations of the painting's locations were more ingenious than cheesy, but none of that increases the Who-ness. People who did enjoy it talk about how they cried; well I've never cried during Who, nor do I ever want to: I want to watch Dr Who, not some weepie.

I'm boycotting next week's, to avoid disappointment.

Quote: Nogget @ June 7 2010, 1:33 PM BST

My big problem with the last episode is that it just wasn't very Dr Who-ish. Sure, the acting was good, and the recreations of the painting's locations were more ingenious than cheesy, but none of that increases the Who-ness. People who did enjoy it talk about how they cried; well I've never cried during Who, nor do I ever want to: I want to watch Dr Who, not some weepie.

I'm boycotting next week's, to avoid disappointment.

I've squeezed a tear or two out during different episodes. And I think having an episode that plays with what Who can be every series can only be a good thing.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 7 2010, 1:35 PM BST

I think having an episode that plays with what Who can be every series can only be a good thing.

Unless it simply stops being Who.

Quote: Nogget @ June 7 2010, 1:57 PM BST

Unless it simply stops being Who.

Well, I'm only talking one episode a series, I think that's fine.

If anyone's interested: there's a free, inflatable TARDIS on the cover of the latest Who magazine.

Anyone ...? No? Okay. :|

The cover of the latest 'Dr Who Adventures' magazine, yeah; which is aimed at the very young.

Quote: don rushmore @ June 7 2010, 4:12 PM BST

If anyone's interested: there's a free, inflatable TARDIS on the cover of the latest Who magazine.

Anyone ...? No? Okay. :|

Class. My daughter loves the Doctor Who Magazine.

Quote: Afinkawan @ June 7 2010, 4:22 PM BST

Class. My daughter loves the Doctor Who Magazine.

I was gonna buy it for my youngest, but he went off the show after the Weeping Angels(?) episode.

Too scary, apparently. :(

Is it a life size one?

Quote: zooo @ June 7 2010, 5:05 PM BST

Is it a life size one?

It's true to the dimensions of the TV version. It takes a hell of a lot of air to blow up.

(A joke, of sorts. Not a funny one, though)

Quote: zooo @ June 7 2010, 5:05 PM BST

Is it a life size one?

About ten inches or so, maybe.

You should go and buy it, zooo. For £2.20, it's a real bargain.

Right, seen it now...

I think whether you enjoyed this episode or not turns on whether you enjoy being f**ked in the ass by a white-haired comedy writer while he squeezes your tear ducts as if they were a pair of tits.

After eight hours in a decompression chamber, my BROW climbed into a pressurised submersible of the kind used to explore the Mariana Trench and was slowly lowered into position, but was still unable to reach a low enough depth to appreciate this Richard Curtis script.

That's it really. Richard Curtis is a really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really low-brow writer and I am just too intelligent to enjoy anything he does.

Following exposure to the episode I have been treated for cringe burns.