British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 512

3 to go now
Hopefully the series will redeem itself & finish with a flourish.

Daisy whatserface in it next week as well
Little Victory

Corden
Little defeat.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ June 5 2010, 10:56 PM BST

Daisy whatserface in it next week as well
Little Victory

Corden
Little defeat.

Other way round for me.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 5 2010, 10:56 PM BST

Yes. Though it's exactly that sort of thing that will have many complaining.

Why would anyone complain?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ June 5 2010, 10:56 PM BST

3 to go now

Is that all? :(

That's gone by so quickly.

Quote: AngieBaby @ June 5 2010, 11:00 PM BST

Why would anyone complain?

Geeks, well, male geeks, will moan and complain, citing cloying emotion, and what have you; sentimentality. Where were all the monsters?!? Bah! Grumble! I don't agree, but they will.

Quote: zooo @ June 5 2010, 11:01 PM BST

Is that all? :(

That's gone by so quickly.

I could be wrong.

Shines Stott symbol into sky & waits

Curtis certainly knows how to tug the heart-strings of people (of the lady kind), I'll give him that. That's three I know who've admitted to crying at the end.

I was still reeling from him taking Van Gogh into the future.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 5 2010, 11:02 PM BST

Geeks, well, male geeks, will moan and complain, citing cloying emotion, and what have you; sentimentality.

Wave

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ June 5 2010, 11:02 PM BST

I could be wrong.

Shines Stott symbol into sky & waits

*Puts on geek outfit and drives nerd car out of the sad cave in Steve's direction*

Yes, three to go.

*Yes, my geek outfit has a wicked cool cape*

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 5 2010, 11:03 PM BST

Curtis certainly knows how to tug the heart-strings of people (of the lady kind), I'll give him that. That's three I know who've admitted to crying at the end.

I welled up a touch, too.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 5 2010, 11:02 PM BST

Geeks, well, male geeks, will moan and complain, citing cloying emotion, and what have you; sentimentality. Where were all the monsters?!? Bah! Grumble! I don't agree, but they will.

No, fans of quality drama will complain. And this wasn't good drama. Sorry.

Four then. :P

Look, I'm not opposed to emotions, I'm just saying Curtis knows which strings to pull to achieve this without much else. That's my opinion.

Quote: chipolata @ June 5 2010, 11:07 PM BST

It was to me, obviously, and quite a few other people. Sorry.

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 5 2010, 11:07 PM BST

That's my opinion.

I realise, I wasn't saying your own opinion is wrong, how can it be?

Quote: chipolata @ June 5 2010, 11:07 PM BST

Yes, you're (Matthew) basically dismissing anyone who didn't like it as a nerd. Unfair.

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 5 2010, 11:03 PM BST

I was still reeling from him taking Van Gogh into the future.

Does that mean Van Gogh was never 'mad', until the doctor showed him that he was famous, and that made him 'mad'? I'd imagine travelling through time would do that to you.

Quote: AngieBaby @ June 5 2010, 11:09 PM BST

Does that mean Van Gogh was never 'mad', until the doctor showed him that he was famous, and that made him 'mad'? I'd imagine travelling through time would do that to you.

It's not that, I thought the Doctor had his own rules about the future. I just felt a bit let down.

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 5 2010, 11:09 PM BST

Yes, you're (Matthew) basically dismissing anyone who didn't like it as a nerd. Unfair.

No, I was refering to a certain section of, for want of a better description, the Who fanboy community who hate to see that sort of thing; I know this episode will have made them spasm with fury. Anyone who didn't like it is obviously perfectly right in their own opinion. And you know, Chip just did the same thing in the post you quote that you accused me of, by saying anyone who did like it can't be a fan of 'quality drama'.