British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 508

Quote: zooo @ June 5 2010, 7:29 PM BST

Haha. Conversely, I thought that episode was brilliant!

So did Elliot.

Weirdos. :P

Yay!

I nearly did blubbing and everything.

Quote: zooo @ June 5 2010, 7:31 PM BST

I nearly did blubbing and everything.

That'll be the Curtis factor.

Yep!

I actually don't hate his films, Four Weddings is good. I didn't think he'd be particularly good at writing Dr Who though. But there were quite a few funny lines.

Awful. Worst of the series so far. I thought the Oxo ads Richard Curtis did were bad, but this was worse. Poorly paced. Weakly plotted. A dreary Van Gogh. A wasted Bill Nighy. Oh, and this week was the first time I started to tire of the Doctor/Amy double-act.

Still, at least it didn't have James Corden in...

Amy does this annoying thing of delivering every line with the same slight frown and pursed lips. It's getting reeeeally annoying.

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 5 2010, 7:31 PM BST

That'll be the Curtis factor.

Unfortunately there were no funny lines in it. I hoped that he could at least rustle up a few of them.

Quote: zooo @ June 5 2010, 7:33 PM BST

I actually don't hate his films, Four Weddings is good. I didn't think he'd be particularly good at writing Dr Who though. But there were quite a few funny lines.

I don't mind a couple of his films, and there were some nice lines (as usual), but that's not enough.

I wouldn't mind if he wrote another Dr Who.

Well, noticed the feedback on here so far, and I imagine a lot of people will also hate it; but I loved it. Very different for Who, in a good way. I loved it. The only writer apart from Moffat so far this series to really hit it out of the park; and yes, I'm slightly surprised to have said that.

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 5 2010, 7:24 PM BST

I'm gonna vomit.

Oh god.

"Life is good things and bad things"
Sick

"If you have been affected by the issues ...etc"

Quote: chipolata @ June 5 2010, 7:34 PM BST

Unfortunately there were no funny lines in it. I hoped that he could at least rustle up a few of them.

I've forgotten them all now, but I liked the 'my left, your right' bit.

Quote: zooo @ June 5 2010, 7:39 PM BST

I've forgotten them all now, but I liked the 'my left, your right' bit.

I found a lot of it very amusing. And, oddly for Who, beautiful, sad and uplifting at the same time. Maybe I'm just getting a bit sentimental! :D

"Sorry about the beard" to Nighy was amusing, and The Doctor thrashing a stick about in the first fight.