British Comedy Guide

Sitcom Title Needed. Page 5

My taxi sitcom was punted round the networks, but they're all saying they're inundated with taxi sitcoms at the moment, and are filing them in the "no thanks" tray alongside "flat sharing 20 somethings with glamourous lives sitcoms" and "university grad" sitcoms.

They're probably all written by cabbies taking bloomin' creative writing classes, thinking they can write.

I couldn't even get mine on radio, so it's best to write something else for the foreseeable.

How about a crossbow killing cannibal serial killer, sharing a flat with a shotgun touting taxi driver?

The Cannibal airport run?

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ June 3 2010, 5:58 PM BST

My taxi sitcom was punted round the networks, but they're all saying they're inundated with taxi sitcoms at the moment, and are filing them in the "no thanks" tray alongside "flat sharing 20 somethings with glamourous lives sitcoms" and "university grad" sitcoms.

They're probably all written by cabbies taking bloomin' creative writing classes, thinking they can write.

I couldn't even get mine on radio, so it's best to write something else for the foreseeable.

Ill finish it and send it to the BBC at least. Its nearly done now just some tweaking to be done. It would be a cheap production from a money point of view. Maybe that will give it a chance. Ive actually done a uni sitcom pilot aswell and I was left waiting for 8 months and told to rewrite it 4 times before it got rejected as being un-original and too expensive. I suppose they were right because a year later there were a couple uni comedys out.
Such is life.
My next project is going to be original. Thats very important. Original and cheap.
Smarmy

I was left waiting for 8 months and told to rewrite it 4 times before it got rejected as being un-original and too expensive

I think we've all been there.
Who asked for rewrites, a prod co?

And good luck with your script. :)

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ June 4 2010, 12:44 AM BST

I think we've all been there.
Who asked for rewrites, a prod co?

And good luck with your script. :)

Yeah they seemed quite interested at first but then they changed there mind.

Cheers mate. Ill let you know how my new one goes.

Cabs ,Crabs and Scabs