British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 146

Yeah. What a twat!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 4 2010, 1:41 PM BST

Not quite the same, is it?

It's so exactly the same I shouldn't have had to say it.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 4 2010, 1:43 PM BST

Yeah. What a twat!

Rolling eyes John John John...

Quote: zooo @ June 4 2010, 12:04 PM BST

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/7787039/Cage-fighter-ripped-out-heart-of-training-partner.html

:O:O

(Don't read if queasy.)

"According to an autopsy Powell,21, bled to death after his heart was ripped out." Plus the fact his heart had actually been ripped out, which is never good for your long term survival.

Quote: chipolata @ June 4 2010, 1:53 PM BST

It's so exactly the same I shouldn't have had to say it.

Riiight. Huh? Wanting to watch Friends is so obviously not the same as being actually addicted to heroin. You could say they're both habit forming, and pleasurable, but to compare the two is extremly flippant.

Yaaayy!!!!

Stott: 1

Twat: 0

Whistling nnocently

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 4 2010, 1:57 PM BST

Riiight. Huh? Wanting to watch Friends is so obviously not the same as being actually addicted to heroin. You could say they're both habit forming, and pleasurable, but to compare the two is extremly flippant.

Somebody being flippant on an internet forum! :O

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 4 2010, 2:02 PM BST

Yaaayy!!!!

Stott: 1

Twat: 0

Whistling nnocently

You've jumped the shark, John! Jumped the shark!

Sorry mate. It is coming up to my third season. :(

I think if you swap comedy for soap chipolata actually has a good point. There's a rather scary thread on digital spy where some utter See-You-En-Tees are complaining that Corrie postponed their episodes because of the Cumbria shootings.

People do love their soaps.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 4 2010, 1:57 PM BST

Wanting to watch Friends is

A serious mental condition.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 4 2010, 3:22 PM BST

People do love their soaps.

I'm a Dove man, myself. Hey? Hey? Newsjack here we come! Pleased

Quote: zooo @ June 4 2010, 12:30 PM BST

I don't know much about hallucinogenic drugs though.

For all you know this is all an hallucination. After all, that guy was convinced that his mate was possessed by the devil, so it must be very easy to believe you're simply reading a post from me.

Before we diss hallucinogens too much, it's worth looking at how they have influenced society throughout history. There is even one school of thought which speculates that they are linked to the development of language. And The whole idea of Santa on his flying sledge is associated with the Laps consuming Fly Agaric. No drugs, no Santa!

Quote: Nogget @ June 4 2010, 4:55 PM BST

For all you know this is all an hallucination. After all, that guy was convinced that his mate was possessed by the devil, so it must be very easy to believe you're simply reading a post from me.

Except I haven't just taken a load of recreational drugs...

So I can be pretty sure this is all real. That's the beauty of not being a druggy, y'see. :)

They do like to say a lot of the great artists and writers were high most of the time. Not sure how much of that I believe to be honest, but obviously some people are going to work better non-sober.

Quote: zooo @ June 4 2010, 4:59 PM BST

Except I haven't just taken a load of recreational drugs...

Or maybe you only believe that because you're zonked out on mushrooms.

Anything's possible.

I will be having some mushrooms later actually. :O

Quote: zooo @ June 4 2010, 4:59 PM BST

They do like to say a lot of the great artists and writers were high most of the time. Not sure how much of that I believe to be honest, but obviously some people are going to work better non-sober.

It seems to me that some creative people can enjoy a short period of enhanced creativity by using hallucinogens, but continued use tends to be counterproductive.

They are many anecdotes of famous folk making huge gains through using such drugs. I heard Larry Hagman saying it was the best thing he's ever done. And he said it on a Sunday morning religious show! The Moody Blues recounted a single acid trip as changing their music entirely, which brought them massive critical and commercial success. Similarly, Joe Zawinul; one trip, massive success followed. And when the Beatles took drugs, they changed the course of musical history.Basically, if you like any popular music from the past 40 years, then bear in mind that it owes something to such drugs.

Quote: zooo @ June 4 2010, 5:14 PM BST

Anything's possible.

I will be having some mushrooms later actually. :O

You see, they alter your perception of time. You've actually already taken them, and you are tripping so hard that you think time is running backwards.