British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 2,171

Quote: chipolata @ June 4 2010, 9:15 AM BST

30 Days Of Night was a decent recent vampire flick. So was Daywalkers. And the Blade films. Scary? No. But is anything?

Oh good call on 30 days of Night.

Blade ones weren't scary just disposable. Day Walkers is the one with Jurassic Park guy right?

Quote: zooo @ June 3 2010, 11:19 PM BST

I think I saw the end of that the other night. It did looks pretty interesting. There was an ace scene at a swimming pool.

Try and watch it now before the American remake comes out next year.

Quote: zooo @ June 3 2010, 10:31 PM BST

Hee.

Is it real?
It looks both a bit real and a bit fake to me.

Why was there not more discussion about this?

It's mad.

I think it's real. The other guy actually goes to get in.

Quote: Gavin @ June 4 2010, 9:20 AM BST

Day Walkers is the one with Jurassic Park guy right?

Yep. Throwaway but fun.

Quote: EllieJP @ June 4 2010, 9:22 AM BST

Why was there not more discussion about this?

It's mad.

I think it's real. The other guy actually goes to get in.

It's odd, obviously the door was triggered into its locked position, with the walker in that particular quadrant, but the glass broke FAR too easily. If it was real it would be toughened glass & would give that guy real problems. So I think it must be a scene from a film, a stunt using sugar glass.

OR....

It's one of those candid camera type gags; the guy in the door is one of the team & the objective is to video the reactions of the passers-by.

Ahhh, I hadn't thought of that, you could be right.

Quote: zooo @ June 3 2010, 10:56 PM BST

Depends who you ask I suppose. 12 year old girls might still think vampires are cool, but to others, the whole Twilight bollocks may have sullied the good name of vampires for a bit.

I discussed this yesterday. I'm hoping the blooming 'Dracula' sequel won't sully vampires' um...status?...any further.

Poor vampires.

I think they need to be left alone for 5 years or so. Then they could be good again.

Quote: zooo @ June 4 2010, 11:28 AM BST

Poor vampires.

I think they need to be left alone for 5 years or so. Then they could be good again.

Need to stop making them poncy pretty boys that fret about being beautiful. Make them monsters snarling death beasts! :D

It was possibly because I was young when I saw it, but Fright Night was properly scary.

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 3 2010, 10:49 PM BST

But when did vampires stop being scary and become shit. There must've been a certain point in time, or maybe they're just overused nowadays.

When they moved out of Victoriana and into Bristol.

Quote: Aaron @ June 4 2010, 12:00 PM BST

When they moved out of Victoriana and into Bristol.

Alright my luvver, I'm gonna bite your neck don't you know.

Well we don't want to scare Robyn toooo much but Southgate Cemetery is said to be a haunt of REAL vampires.

:O :O :O

Quote: billwill @ June 4 2010, 12:17 PM BST

Well we don't want to scare Robyn toooo much but Southgate Cemetery is said to be a haunt of REAL vampires. :O :O :O

If the vampires come from Southgate I don't think anybody is going to be afraid.

Quote: chipolata @ June 4 2010, 12:24 PM BST

If the vampires come from Southgate I don't think anybody is going to be afraid.

You obviously have not been to Southgate Cemetery after dark!!

Teary Angry