British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 497

Quote: Kenneth @ May 30 2010, 3:19 PM BST

Probably just congratulate her and ask when the baby's due

Maybe you'd be better off watching Midsomer murders or something. I think they often feature some really well-written polite chit chat.

Quote: zooo @ May 30 2010, 1:11 PM BST

I do think you might have been in Australia too long, Kenneth.

Australia is gay.

Hehe!

What really bothered me about last night's episode was that the Doctor just shoved his arm in the crack. Yet five minutes earlier hadn't he been trying to avoid letting white light from the crack touch him and Pond for fear of it deleting them from existence?

Didn't he shove his arm in before that?

I think the crack was just there, being a crack at first. And then the light started to shine through, which is when it was dangerous.
I think.

Quote: zooo @ May 30 2010, 4:21 PM BST

Didn't he shove his arm in before that? I think the crack was just there, being a crack at first. And then the light started to shine through, which is when it was dangerous. I think.

I forget the sequence of events, but it just felt a bit inconsistent.

Yeah, I hadn't thought of it until now, but I suppose it is a bit.

Quote: zooo @ May 30 2010, 4:28 PM BST

Yeah, I hadn't thought of it until now, but I suppose it is a bit.

*waits patiently for Stott to arrive and explain why it's not inconsistent at all*

Quote: zooo @ May 30 2010, 3:21 PM BST

Maybe you'd be better off watching Midsomer murders or something. I think they often feature some really well-written polite chit chat.

:D

Quote: chipolata @ May 30 2010, 4:31 PM BST

*waits patiently for Stott to arrive and explain why it's not inconsistent at all*

Rolling eyes

Quote: zooo @ May 30 2010, 4:21 PM BST

Didn't he shove his arm in before that?

I think the crack was just there, being a crack at first.

I thought I'd logged into one of my other forums for a minute there.

Sick

Quote: chipolata @ May 30 2010, 4:19 PM BST

What really bothered me about last night's episode was that the Doctor just shoved his arm in the crack. Yet five minutes earlier hadn't he been trying to avoid letting white light from the crack touch him and Pond for fear of it deleting them from existence?

He covered his hand in a hankie. Sorted.

Quote: Kenneth @ May 30 2010, 12:49 PM BST

Real men don't see a pregnant woman and react by saying "Ooh, look at you! You've swallowed a planet!" like some sort of Kansas City faggot.

Real men aren't afraid to talk like that. Only closet gays would avoid saying it.

Would you avoid saying it?

Quote: Nogget @ May 30 2010, 7:16 PM BST

He covered his hand in a hankie. Sorted.

But I think I agree with what Zooo said, it's when the light creeps out you've got problems, as opposed to maybe the crack itself. Maybe.

Who thinks that somehow things will be rewritten by that crack just fine, with Rory back to life, and perhaps the destroyed Tardis reformed?

I've not read any speculation on the Tardis-wreck thing. What's all that about, eh? Eh?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 30 2010, 7:17 PM BST

But I think I agree with what Zooo said, it's when the light creeps out you've got problems, as opposed to maybe the crack itself. Maybe.

I'll go with that, but it's shaky. And I'm not sure the Doctor is knowledgable enough about Crack to know that.