British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 492

Dull. As. Dishwater. Roly dying was okay, but would have been more effective if we hadn't seen it two weeks ago. And what was the point of Meera Syal?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 29 2010, 8:04 PM BST

Muuuuch better this week, it felt really tense the whole way through for me. And that end was great, Amy screaming as the Doctor pushed her into the Tardis. Poor old Rory, I can't help but imagine he'll be back though.

Nooo, I quite liked him, but stop bringing back dead people! It'll be like Heroes in a minute.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 29 2010, 8:04 PM BST

Muuuuch better this week, it felt really tense the whole way through for me. And that end was great, Amy screaming as the Doctor pushed her into the Tardis. Poor old Rory, I can't help but imagine he'll be back though.

Looks like a CGI monster next week though; boooo!

Could Rory's memory be alive and well in Amy's ring... (ooo err)

Quote: chipolata @ May 29 2010, 8:05 PM BST

Dull. As. Dishwater. Roly dying was okay, but would have been more effective if we hadn't seen it two weeks ago. And what was the point of Meera Syal?

She stayed with old grumpy bollocks so he wouldn't be all alone.

Looking forward to Moore's return. Could be some very good storyline there; definitely hints toward it in the closing monologue.

Quote: zooo @ May 29 2010, 8:06 PM BST

Nooo, I quite liked him, but stop bringing back dead people! It'll be like Heroes in a minute.

Well, I have no idea if he will come back, but the whole ongoing story seems to be quite time based, and rewriting history, etc, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Quote: zooo @ May 29 2010, 8:05 PM BST

Both the lady greenies were played by the same actress, weirdly.

They were supposed to be sisters, so I suppose it helped for family resemblance.

Oh yes, the plot to the species being underground and all that was slightly similar to my entry in that radio Dr Who script thingy.
So THAT'S why I didn't win.
Yep.

Quote: zooo @ May 29 2010, 8:09 PM BST

Oh yes, the plot to the species being underground and all that was slightly similar to my entry in that radio Dr Who script thingy.
So THAT'S why I didn't win.
Yep.

:P

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 29 2010, 8:09 PM BST

They were supposed to be sisters, so I suppose it helped for family resemblance.

I thought she was calling her 'sister' in a weird alieny same species way. Not a literal way?

Quote: zooo @ May 29 2010, 8:11 PM BST

I thought she was calling her 'sister' in a weird alieny same species way. Not a literal way?

Could be, could be!

They talked about having the same gene somethingorother, not being sisters.

I thought it was good once the Doctor stuck his hand in Amy's crack, but the rest of it was plodding with lots of lumpen dialogue explaining what was happening.

Karen Gillan was very good in those closing scenes, so much so that I didn't notice whether she was wearing a skirt or shorts.

I did enjoy Amy on her knees in front of the green lizard.

You are a bunch of over sexed (or is that under sexed..) peervvvs!

Quote: zooo @ May 29 2010, 8:37 PM BST

You are a bunch of over sexed (or is that under sexed..) peervvvs!

Like you never did the same with David Tennant!