British Comedy Guide

The Thick Of It - Series 3 Page 33

Quote: Mark @ May 22 2010, 12:13 PM BST

Jamie is a super popular character and that was probably the biggest comment about the last series... "Where's Jamie?" - I guess we will see him again.

I siuspect one of the problems with having Jamie in the third series was that in the specials he and Malcolm had fallen out and were essentially enemies. And since the specials were all about Malcolm manouvering himself into the good books of the new PM, then it's easy to imagine him getting shot of Jamie.

I'll be more interested in the new series to see if Tucker and co become the opposition, with the Tories in power.

Quote: grisette @ May 9 2010, 12:53 AM BST

If anyone's feeling grumpy with no TTOI during the election please do take a quick peek, I would love some feedback - no-one I know watches it, the philistines.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5938334/1/

Nighty-night.

nula

That's a truly sublime piece of writing! Genuinely laugh-out-loud at times and fantastic recreation of the key characters voices. Great to see Jamie back, too. Well done you.

On a separate issue, what's the deal with Aaron amending posts for what are palpably aesthetic issues? I can't think of another forum that has a grammar Nazi with such an abundance of power.

Quote: James BradburyHarding @ May 22 2010, 9:34 PM BST

That's a truly sublime piece of writing! Genuinely laugh-out-loud at times and fantastic recreation of the key characters voices. Great to see Jamie back, too. Well done you.

On a separate issue, what's the deal with Aaron amending posts for what are palpably aesthetic issues? I can't think of another forum that has a grammar Nazi with such an abundance of power.

Hi James,

So glad you like it and always a relief to hear that the voices sound right. (Venting via Malcolm and Jamie also keeps me more placid with people - I haven't called anyone a cum-bubble for like two days now) Trying to knock something new together at the mo and will of course give it a big filthy plug here when it's ready.

RE - the grammar thing - I see your point Aaron and look I'm being good Angelic - but I'm sort of with Brecht on the imperial feel of capitalisation, who's to say that 'I' is more important than 'you'? It is your ball though so I respect your rules.

Nula

I also think that Rebecca Front is a very nice and good actress too.Don't tell me that you don't like her.

Thoroughly deserved Baftas. It was definitely the best sitcom of of 2009.

Quote: chipolata @ June 7 2010, 9:10 AM BST

Thoroughly deserved Baftas. It was definitely the best sitcom of of 2009.

I think it deserved it too. Though I probably actually laughed more at Peep Show.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 7 2010, 9:22 AM BST

I think it deserved it too. Though I probably actually laughed more at Peep Show.

Yes, it was a great year for Peep Show too. And The Inbetweeners.

Well deserved gongs. Now don't spoil it all by jumping the f**king shark. Or whatver.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 7 2010, 11:49 AM BST

Well deserved gongs. Now don't spoil it all by jumping the f**king shark. Or whatver.

Totally agree although there is a perverse pleasure to be had in thinking of ways a series could jump the shark. Not so easy within this one as politics habitually throws up properly ridiculous stuff - Mandelson yacht partying with George Osbourne springs to mind and what a lovely mental image it is.

And could you imagine Iannucci et al sending Malcolm to the Bilderberg meeting? Actually I would love to see that episode happen. Internatioanl evil bastards shooting poodles and drinking childrens' tears from crystal goblets.

Back on topic - yay awards! Anyone else think Capaldi looked like the supply teacher you wouldn't want to get stuck in a portacabin with? And he's usually so debonaire.

Quote: grisette @ June 7 2010, 3:19 PM BST

Back on topic - yay awards! Anyone else think Capaldi looked like the supply teacher you wouldn't want to get stuck in a portacabin with? And he's usually so debonaire.

Hopefully it's for a role and he hasn't just let himself go!

According to Iannucci's Twitter, writing will begin later in the year for a new 8 episode series of The Thick of It.