British Comedy Guide

The Thick Of It - Series 3 Page 32

I was just given this message from Armando Iannucci from Twitter saying that he is filming a series of eight episodes for the new series of The Thick of It next year. Also, he is working on a new film, which is not a sequel to In The Loop.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ March 29 2010, 10:27 AM GMT

I was just given this message from Armando Iannucci from Twitter saying that he is filming a series of eight episodes for the new series of The Thick of It next year. Also, he is working on a new film, which is not a sequel to In The Loop.

Cheer Ian. Good stuff. Be nice if his next film is a more filmic film, rather than just keeping to the more televisual style of Thick.

Awesome! Cheers, Ian!

Dan

Quote: john lucas 101 @ March 29 2010, 10:30 AM GMT

Cheer Ian. Good stuff. Be nice if his next film is a more filmic film, rather than just keeping to the more televisual style of Thick.

I hope it's one of these new three dimension films I've heard so much about.

Apparently lots of people fall over a lot in the new one.

Dan

Quote: chipolata @ March 29 2010, 11:05 AM GMT

I hope it's one of these new three dimension films I've heard so much about.

Goodness me, no. Leave that sort of nonsense to the youth.

American version, maybe: http://www.suchsmallportions.com/pg/news/suchsmallportions/read/4480/the-thick-of-it-heads-west-wing-for-new-us-show

Dan

Free download of series 1 & 2 (whatever that actually is!) with The Times today http://itunes.com/times/westminster

Dan

This could be ace if there was a coalition between the two main parties! Could it work? Malcolm and 'The F**ker' head-to-head... :)

Dan

Interestingly, we never saw any Lib Dems in The Thick Of It, so it'll be fun to see if Armando drafts in a few. Then again, he is a Lib Dem supporter, so he might not be as vicious about them.

The Lib Dems just seem too sweet to rip into don't they? (Except for Lembit Opik.)

I've been playing around writing a little election special of TTOI and needed a Lib Dem character - obviously, the way things are going - and I couldn't bring myself to be really vicious even though I'm a red myself. It feels as mean as punching a puppy, don't know why though.

If anyone's feeling grumpy with no TTOI during the election please do take a quick peek, I would love some feedback - no-one I know watches it, the philistines.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5938334/1/

Nighty-night.

nula

Edited by Aaron.

Welcome to the site, grisette. Please remember capital letters in future posts!

And...

Quote: grisette @ May 9 2010, 12:53 AM BST

The Lib Dems just seem too sweet to rip into don't they?

No, not really!

Any chance of seeing Jamie back this series or is he elsewhere employed?

Okay. I have just ordered the first series of The Thick of It. It is about time I got round to watching it. You know that "oh, I'm sure I'll watch it some day" list. The Thick of It is my number one.

I have seen one episode a long time ago completely out of sequence and although it was hilarious I never quite got round to ploughing through.

As I work my way through the series I will be blogging about each episode on my acting blog, The Actor Begins. Or I may just bottle it up, take notes and write an epic entry about the whole shebang - we'll see. http://www.TheActorBegins.com

I've just been acting in The Sitcom Mission (anybody seen it? - the final is on June 7th) so situation comedy has been at the forefront of my brain for the last few weeks, and I keep hearing that The Thick of It is the best. We'll see how I go...

Quote: Magnum Valentino @ May 19 2010, 9:48 PM BST

Any chance of seeing Jamie back this series or is he elsewhere employed?

Jamie is a super popular character and that was probably the biggest comment about the last series... "Where's Jamie?" - I guess we will see him again.

Quote: Rhys Jennings @ May 20 2010, 8:09 PM BST

Okay. I have just ordered the first series of The Thick of It. It is about time I got round to watching it. You know that "oh, I'm sure I'll watch it some day" list. The Thick of It is my number one.

As I work my way through the series I will be blogging about each episode on my acting blog.

Cool. I'll have a read.