British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 476

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 16 2010, 11:47 PM BST

I think this may be down to 'projection'. Whistling nnocently

http://www.nyder.com/stuff/whosqueer.html

One of numerous sources (albeit this one suggests William Hartnell was good with colours).

You sir are wrong so often, you're a Wrongaloid.

Quote: sootyj @ May 16 2010, 11:48 PM BST

http://www.nyder.com/stuff/whosqueer.html

One of numerous sources (albeit this one suggests William Hartnell was good with colours).

You sir are wrong so often, you're a Wrongaloid.

Wrong about what? I've never heard anyone say that, and it's never crossed my mind, I'm not sure why it would. You can be quite the oddster Sooty.

Still not sure what I'm 'wrong' about either. Not seeing any 'gayness', for want of a better word? I can't be wrong about that, there's nothing to be wrong about.

Who is going to break it to Matthew about Captain Jack?

I want the Doctor to dress like this!

Slightly effemminate dandies FTW.

Quote: AndreaLynne @ May 16 2010, 11:44 PM BST

Connor has gone to 2 costume parties as #10, complete with coat and sneakers and mad hair. He's made quite the impression on a few girls at school. Aynsley just got new red sneakers to match his. She sleeps with them on most nights. :)

Hayden wears a pair of my dad's old glasses with the lenses popped out and says he's the Doctor.

Awe.Some.

Quote: zooo @ May 16 2010, 11:50 PM BST

I want the Doctor to dress like this!

Quote: zooo @ May 16 2010, 11:50 PM BST

Ooooh.

Quote: Timbo @ May 16 2010, 11:50 PM BST

Yes, that character was written with that in mind, obviously the Doctor isn't. Hopefully this isn't down to some silly 'RTD was gay so obviously wrote the Doctor gay' nonsense.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 16 2010, 11:51 PM BST

Ezzackly.
I loved his clothes!

Quote: Timbo @ May 16 2010, 11:50 PM BST

That whole dancing business hmm..

Beside Timelords don't have genitles they're woven on the genetic looms of Gallifrey.

Albeit he might have knobbed a sewing machine which would be kinda gay.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 16 2010, 11:53 PM BST

Yes, that character was written with that in mind, obviously the Doctor isn't. Hopefully this isn't down to some silly 'RTD was gay so obviously wrote the Doctor gay' nonsense.

At times I do wander if you just have a picture of a TV that you pretend to watch.

By the way has everyone seen who next weeks big bad is?

Quote: sootyj @ May 16 2010, 11:55 PM BST

At times I do wander if you just have a picture of a TV that you pretend to watch.

You see? Odd.

I apologise for not thinking Tennants Doctor was gay, something that has just been projected onto the character by some for whatever reason. I've just genuinly never heard that before. I mean, fair enough, if that's what some people think, that's great and everyone should have their own takes and opinions, keeps things interesting, but you shoudln't presume that everyone else must think the same thing and is somehow 'wrong' if they don't.

Quote: sootyj @ May 16 2010, 11:56 PM BST

At times I do wander

Where to?

Quote: zooo @ May 16 2010, 11:53 PM BST

Ezzackly.
I loved his clothes!

The new series of the Eighth Doctor has just kicked off on Radio 7, you will just have to imagine the clothes.

I've been showing Connor some of the shitty baddie costumes from the 80s. He's still laughing.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 16 2010, 11:57 PM BST

Where to?

Through the windmills of my mind

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 16 2010, 11:53 PM BST

'RTD was gay so obviously wrote the Doctor gay'

The show was gay under RTD.

That gayness was reflected in the Doctor's character.

I don't think that's a controversial statement.

There was no particular reason Tennant's Doc didn't bang Rose. Smith at least has a reason for not banging Amy.