British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 470

There was one episode a while back (possibly the big Daleks/Cybermen one?) where Tennant just pointed the screwdriver across the room at stuff and it blew up. :|

I was possibly misunderstanding something, but that was bloody lame.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 13 2010, 8:56 AM BST

I wasn't afraid?! I think, consistently, it hasn't been able to push up and slide along big chunks of metal. Maybe it should be able to, but it never has, and it's an imaginary instrument, so I suppose it's up to the writers to say what it can and can't do! :D

Now that's covering a show's arse for no pay! I think we can officially dust off the Doctor Who latex fanboy bumming suit - we found a gimp. Cool

Sound is pressure. A sonic screwdriver should be able to slide any number of bolts or levers. It's actually locks without mechanical parts it shouldn't be able to open.

Quote: Marc P @ May 13 2010, 9:10 AM BST

I think you're safe for quite a while! :)

Nobody's safe while Doctors is still at large! :)

Quote: Godot Taxis @ May 13 2010, 12:03 PM BST

Now that's covering a show's arse for no pay! I think we can officially dust off the Doctor Who latex fanboy bumming suit - we found a gimp. Cool

Sound is pressure. A sonic screwdriver should be able to slide any number of bolts or levers. It's actually locks without mechanical parts it shouldn't be able to open.

I'm not really going to try and debate what a made up object can and can't do! :D I was only repeating what I've seen on the show, so . . . *shrugs*

Come on, I pwned you. Just admit it!

<3

There should be an arms crossed, head turned away, nose petulantly in the air emoticon for occasions like this.

Imagine that I've just put one here.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ May 11 2010, 1:20 PM BST

You can get TARDIS wardrobes from Argos.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/0177005/Trail/searchtext%3EDR+WHO.htm

awwwh, with a baby dalek too.

:D

Quote: billwill @ May 13 2010, 9:34 PM BST

awwwh, with a baby dalek too.

:D

Watch that plunger!
That could suck a babys eye out.

Sick

Warning the Sun revealed Amy's stunt person is a geezer (on account of her incredible tallness)

So wanking behind the sofa may lead to gayness.

Laughing out loud

N.B. this episode is fricking ace

It's ok so far, apart from the eye things turning the postman into dust from a mile away but missing The Doctor etc. from a foot. I sure there's an explanation though. ;)

That was some good shit.

A very enjoyable episode with a nice simple conceit at the heart of it. And Aaron and Zooo's son was very good too. Hope we see him again.