British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 467

Next week's doesn't look like it's set of Earth, so much as being set in The Mind. And that's the best place for Doctor Who to be.

Quote: Nogget @ May 10 2010, 9:27 AM BST

Next week's doesn't look like it's set of Earth, so much as being set in The Mind. And that's the best place for Doctor Who to be.

It looks an interesting one. And, like Moffat, written by someone more known for sitcoms.

I miss the days when the Doctor had no control over the Tardis and bounced around time and space like a pinball.

Quote: chipolata @ May 10 2010, 11:46 AM BST

I miss the days when the Doctor had no control over the Tardis and bounced around time and space like a pinball.

Good point!

The implication that the Tardis is a new model but the Chameleon circuit odesn't work is a bit silly.

Quote: chipolata @ May 10 2010, 9:04 AM BST

Now they're quaint-English-village centric!

Much more Doctor Who-ey!

Quote: chipolata @ May 10 2010, 11:46 AM BST

That's a good while ago now though, isn't it? Not since the early seventies? Or the sixties even? I agree it would be good though.

Quote: sootyj @ May 10 2010, 12:19 PM BST

Good point!

The implication that the Tardis is a new model but the Chameleon circuit odesn't work is a bit silly.

It's not a new model as such though, I thought it had just changed the way it looked inside. Same ship with the same problems, just a new desk and wallpaper.

Quote: zooo @ May 10 2010, 12:28 PM BST

Much more Doctor Coo-ey!

You've a one track brain, zooo!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 10 2010, 1:07 PM BST

That's a good while ago now though, isn't it? Not since the early seventies? Or the sixties even? I agree it would be good though.

It's just sometimes when I watch Doctor Who, I wonder what the point of him is. He seems to have no mission in life, other than to flit about from place to place with someone very young in toe. As a person he's almost pointless.

Quote: chipolata @ May 10 2010, 1:15 PM BST

It's just sometimes when I watch Doctor Who, I wonder what the point of him is.

Travel about, see stuff, I suppose.

What's the point of any of us?

Quote: chipolata @ May 10 2010, 1:15 PM BST

He seems to have no mission in life, other than to flit about from place to place with someone very young in toe.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 10 2010, 1:17 PM BST

He sounds like a sex tourist.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 10 2010, 1:17 PM BST

Bloody dilletante!
He wants to get himself a proper job.

Quote: zooo @ May 10 2010, 1:18 PM BST

What's the point of any of us?

You're a bit young for a midlife crisis, zooo.
Although you are going out with a middle-aged man in a scrawny young man's body. Unimpressed

For what it's worth, when I first watched Who the things that I found scary and exciting were shop dummies coming to life, monsters walking out of the sea, and giant maggots. All based on Earth, and that was what made them more real. What are the best episodes of New Who? Blink? The Empty Child? Dalek? Human Nature? Where are they all set?

Quote: Badge @ May 10 2010, 1:27 PM BST

For what it's worth, when I first watched Who the things that I found scary and exciting were shop dummies coming to life, monsters walking out of the sea, and giant maggots. All based on Earth, and that was what made them more real. What are the best episodes of New Who? Blink? The Empty Child? Dalek? Human Nature? Where are they all set?

Quite. I don't really care if it's on Earth or not, at the end of the day it all comes down to the quality of the script; which is equally as likely to be good or bad whether it's set in Bradford or Breeble, The Sixth Moon Of Pan.

Well that's ridiculous the Sixth Moon of Pan is as barren as Aaron's trophy cabinet.

Oi!

I've made him many paper mache trophies.