British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 465

Was it the scary police bloke off Being Human?

That was indifferent at best.

I quite enjoyed this week's. The boyfriend wasn't bad.

Quote: zooo @ May 9 2010, 12:04 AM BST

Was it the scary police bloke off Being Human?

Oh, was it? I thought it was Toby something or other, who starred in that Capote film.

Oh, I thought it was this guy...

But I'm probably wrong.

You think this one?...

Quote: chipolata @ May 9 2010, 12:08 AM BST

Oh, was it? I thought it was Toby something or other, who starred in that Capote film.

You're right, it was the Capote bloke. Here he is in a pic for next weeks episode:

Odd that the Doc was quite happy to throw Amy into the lion's den just so she could open a locked trapdoor for him. Isn't that what his sonic screwdriver is for?

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ May 9 2010, 10:03 AM BST

Odd that the Doc was quite happy to throw Amy into the lion's den just so she could open a locked trapdoor for him. Isn't that what his sonic screwdriver is for?

It opens locks, I don't think it slides bolts out of the way.

Vampires Of Venice = Fun, fun fun... until daddy took my t-bird away.

Looking forward to next week to.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 9 2010, 10:32 AM BST

It opens locks, I don't think it slides bolts out of the way.

Semantics.

Is that canon?

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ May 9 2010, 11:04 AM BST

Semantics.

Is that canon?

For one thing, so called canaon changes. For another thing, it's definitely been mentioned a few times; I think even in this episode. It opens locks, a dead bolt is different thing. Has it ever lifted and slid big bits of metal before? I don't think it really has.

Quote: hotzappa11 @ May 9 2010, 11:01 AM BST

Vampires Of Venice = Fun, fun fun...

That was my take on it too.

I liked this one it was quite heartless and brutal and had a nice feel. Also the combo of Amy fiancee and Dr worked really nicely lots of snappy banter. I think the fish monster was knowingly shit, the whole energy coming from the idea of him meeting a fellow refugee and the realisation that the cracks in time were still there.

The CGI storm was total shite though and they shouldn't have bothered. But over all it was a thumping good episode.

Also I like that the Dr had a whopping UV light hidden in his jacket rather tha just the sonic screw driver.

Quote: sootyj @ May 9 2010, 11:28 AM BST

Also I like that the Dr had a whopping UV light hidden in his jacket rather tha just the sonic screw driver.

That was a great gag; it was a very funny episode I thought. That seemed certainly the main tilt of this episode, as opposed to atmosphere and real scares of the last story; it was supposed to be fun and make you laugh. For me it achieved that. The Doctor bursting out of the cake was another very funny bit; oh, and getting Rory to cover up the other mans mouth. Lots and lots of funny moments.

Quote: zooo @ May 9 2010, 12:17 AM BST

Oh, I thought it was this guy...

But I'm probably wrong.

You think this one?...

Why do I think these are what Aaron and Zooo's children will grow up to look like?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 9 2010, 11:36 AM BST

That was a great gag; it was a very funny episode I thought. That seemed certainly the main tilt of this episode, as opposed to atmosphere and real scares of the last story; it was supposed to be fun and make you laugh. For me it achieved that. The Doctor bursting out of the cake was another very funny bit; oh, and getting Rory to cover up the other mans mouth. Lots and lots of funny moments.

Oh, there were certainly funny lines, but the episode itself felt like filler.

Yeh but good filler. And a chance to establish a new Whooby gang.

It was refreshing for once the whole earth etc wasn't in peril.