British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 460

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 4 2010, 6:19 PM BST

After Matt Smith? Whistling nnocently

Hardy flapping har.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ May 4 2010, 6:30 PM BST

This is just RTD through the back door. :)

Oo er.

Quote: Badhead @ May 4 2010, 6:10 PM BST

Am I the only person who think Peter Davison was a very good Doctor?

You know when you get asked at dinner parties which actor would play you as the Doctor I always said after a sip of hopefully decent port... Peter D!

Next week's episode looks like hanging bollocks.

Vampires in Renaissance Venice? Yawn. He owns a space and time machine - get him off Earth. The show's already done Vampires in State of Decay and f**k me aren't vampires over exposed at the moment.

It also features Amy's boyfriend - much like the the Tennant stories featured Rose's boyfriend, Mickey. We hated that shit. This is just RTD through the back door. :)

They said they're not vampires. So there, yeh they'll be something ace like erm space bum sucking monstervores yeh.

And they're introducing a boyfriend so that should be um ace probably.

Quote: Marc P @ May 4 2010, 7:45 PM BST

You know when you get asked at dinner parties which actor would play you as the Doctor I always said after a sip of hopefully decent port... Peter D!

Back in the day if you said Peter was your favourite doctor you would be laughed at. Most people only rated the first 4. They would say the 5th Doctor was weak. Seams to have changed a bit now.

Quote: Badhead @ May 4 2010, 7:50 PM BST

Back in the day if you said Peter was your favourite doctor you would be laughed at. Most people only rated the first 4. They would say the 5th Doctor was weak. Seams to have changed a bit now.

I liked him at the time, though he was lumbered with Adric.

So far Matt Smith is on course to be competing for "Best Doctor" in the Badge Dr Who Lifetime Achievement Awards.

We hated that shit.

Is that the royal we??

Quote: sootyj @ May 4 2010, 7:48 PM BST

And they're introducing a boyfriend so that should be um ace probably.

He was introduced in the first episode.

The show's already done Vampires in State of Decay and f**k me aren't vampires over exposed at the moment.

As Sooty says, I don't think they are Vampires, from what's been said. But anyway, the shows already done vampires? That was before I was even born! I imagine most of the eight million who will watch haven't even seen that story either. I think it would be okay to do another one!

Oi Stott I was being sarcastic.

Vampires are shit. And everything worthwhile saying about them was said by Buffy.

Those vampire ladies look sexy. Part of Moff's ongoing Doctor Who re-heterosexualisation campaign.

I think the thing that makes Dr Who so good is in so many ways it's so shit. Bit like classic Startrek.

Quote: sootyj @ May 4 2010, 8:37 PM BST

Vampires are shit. And everything worthwhile saying about them was said by Buffy.

You do wonder if a vampires story was decided on purely because everyone is doing vampires at the moment (or they were, until werewolves took over). The title Vampires in Venice doesn't inspire either - a bit like Daleks in Manhattan.

On the plus side, it's written by Toby Whithouse, I think, and he did the rather good School Reunion episode. And none of us has seen it yet, so it might be great! :)

Quote: chipolata @ May 4 2010, 8:37 PM BST

Those vampire ladies look sexy. Part of Moff's ongoing Doctor Who re-heterosexualisation campaign.

Yeah, for male viewers!
If we're looking at it that way, it's been gay for the men, and now it's hetero for the men.
Great!

Maybe their jam sucking jampires?

Quote: Badge @ May 4 2010, 8:41 PM BST

The title Vampires in Venice doesn't inspire either - a bit like Daleks in Manhattan.

And Doctor at Large.

Quote: zooo @ May 4 2010, 8:43 PM BST

Yeah, for male viewers!
If we're looking at it that way, it's been gay for the men, and now it's hetero for the men.
Great!

You get to imagine rolling pennies down Matt's lovely half moon shaped face.

Quote: zooo @ May 4 2010, 8:43 PM BST

Yeah, for male viewers!
Great!

If they want to make it gay for the girls I would have no objection to that...