British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 455

Hmm.

So she's a slag.
Thought she was about to get a condom out. Very kid friendly viewing!

An enjoyable if somewhat messy and chaotic episode. Although every time anybody said, "Don't look at the eyes!" I couldn't help but think of the Matt Lucas hypnotist in Little Britain. And not sure whether Amy Pond gagging for it works either.

Still, River Song being destined to kill the Doctor might be interesting. And I assume it was him they were talking about.

Quote: zooo @ May 1 2010, 7:10 PM BST

So she's a slag.
Thought she was about to get a condom out. Very kid friendly viewing!

Ha! That's what I said to Jules. :D
Well, she was fully dressed to be fair.

Really enjoyed that, some great lines from The Doctor.

Hmm.

So she's a slag.

You women are like so judgemental! Rolling eyes

Quote: chipolata @ May 1 2010, 7:11 PM BST

Still, River Song being destined to kill the Doctor might be interesting. And I assume it was him they were talking about.

I thought so.

Quote: chipolata @ May 1 2010, 7:12 PM BST

You women are like so judgemental! Rolling eyes

I know, terrible innit.

Wasn't a bad episode. I liked that they turned don't blink! into don't open your eyes!
And there were some quite scary/chilling moments. Like the soldier forgetting Pedro et al.

Quote: chipolata @ May 1 2010, 7:11 PM BST

An enjoyable if somewhat messy and chaotic episode. Although every time anybody said, "Don't look at the eyes!" I couldn't help but think of the Matt Lucas hypnotist in Little Britain.

Ha! I'm so glad I didn't think of that, would have ruined the moment a bit.

Hmm.

So she's a slag.

Well, they had it from the first ep that she wasn't shy in that respect, and she has been with him a while now before making a move, so not exactly slaggy. I did like him squirming away from her constantly!

Not quite up to the level of the first part, and it felt more like they were setting up lots of stuff for later, but still very good stuff.

Quote: Nil Putters @ May 1 2010, 6:34 PM BST

When trying to open a supposedly solid metal wall, don't have it wobble when touched. :D

Yeah, I noticed that. :D

Hee, yes the wobble was funny. Surely they could have noticed and reshot! Although I suppose wobbling sets is what Doctor Who is traditionally known for.

Trying to shag another man on the eve of your wedding is a tad slaggy. :)

Quote: zooo @ May 1 2010, 8:06 PM BST

I think she's possessed, by a slag.

No, I think there's more to it.

Rose's mum?

Laughing out loud

Hee, yes the wobble was funny. Surely they could have noticed and reshot!

Maybe there's a weird reason for that which will only become apparent later in the series? Because she does seem to have fallen for the Doctor a bit fast. So maybe there's a sinister reason behind it that even she isn't aware of? Or maybe I'm talking cack.

She's trying to escape!

I really did think he was about to discover that she'd been possessed by something. It felt totally out of character and stupid.

Quote: chipolata @ May 1 2010, 8:08 PM BST

Maybe there's a weird reason for that which will only become apparent later in the series? Because she does seem to have fallen for the Doctor a bit fast.

Well obviously it's a bit creepy, but she has known him since she was seven. And really, she's been travelling with him a while now, more than enough time to fancy someone surely?