British Comedy Guide
Please consider donating to help British Comedy Guide produce quality comedy coverage. Thank you. Find out more

General, General Thread Page 2,161

Quote: chipolata @ April 27 2010, 10:42 PM BST

Foul stuff.

Lovey Guinness Lovey

As much as I've spent on it, I must have put several brewery workers' kids through school by now.

Quote: Aaron @ April 27 2010, 10:36 PM BST

Cock?

'most things,' body parts excluded.

Quote: Aaron @ April 27 2010, 10:10 PM BST

The Irish can be blamed for a lot. None of it good.

Couldn't agree with you more. :)
Though I quite like Smithwick's and Beamish.

Quote: DaButt @ April 27 2010, 11:44 PM BST

Lovey Guinness Lovey

As much as I've spent on it, I must have put several brewery workers' kids through school by now.

I only like Guiness and Black, just gives it that sweet kick it needs to make it less stoggy(?)

Quote: Paul W @ April 28 2010, 7:59 AM BST

I only like Guiness and Black, just gives it that sweet kick it needs to make it less stoggy(?)

Ew !

Foul stuff.

The only Guinness I've liked was when I was actually in Dublin; the stuff tastes great there for some reason, and crappy over here.

Quote: funsponge @ April 28 2010, 1:23 AM BST

Couldn't agree with you more. :)
Though I quite like Smithwick's and Beamish.

You should try some real beer.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 28 2010, 10:45 AM BST

The only Guinness I've liked was when I was actually in Dublin; the stuff tastes great there for some reason, and crappy over here.

I do agree - although over the years here it has got less bitter.

Quote: Nil Putters @ April 27 2010, 6:11 PM BST

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grits

I guess it looks and tastes the same going down as coming up again. At least it can probably be recycled.

Quote: Chappers @ April 28 2010, 3:17 PM BST

You should try some real beer.

Like?

Quote: Chappers @ April 28 2010, 3:17 PM BST

I guess it looks and tastes the same going down as coming up again. At least it can probably be recycled.

That's the gist of it, yes.

Quote: funsponge @ April 28 2010, 4:10 PM BST

Like?

Speckled Hen, TEA (Traditional English Ale), Bombardier, Greene King IPA, Hobgoblin, Victory Ale, Adnams Broadside, London Pride, Young's Special. Shall I go on?

Quote: Chappers @ April 28 2010, 4:37 PM BST

Speckled Hen, TEA (Traditional English Ale), Bombardier, Greene King IPA, Hobgoblin, Victory Ale, Adnams Broadside, London Pride, Young's Special.

Good suggestions, I've had several of those within the last week. They sell several of Fuller's beers here, but for some reason London Pride isn't available in Texas. I packed a goodly quantity of it in my checked luggage when I flew home from Oklahoma Monday afternoon.

The trouble is I'm going off to New Zealand in a couple of weeks. I understand they don't even have the equivalent of pubs/bars let alone any decent beer. Can anyone tell me if this is true? If so what the hell am I going to drink for 2 weeks?

That's a load of bollocks. I travelled round all of NZ and spend most of my time in pubs/bars and winerys. The beer is good, the wine is better.

Quote: Chappers @ April 28 2010, 4:37 PM BST

Speckled Hen, TEA (Traditional English Ale), Bombardier, Greene King IPA, Hobgoblin, Victory Ale, Adnams Broadside, London Pride, Young's Special. Shall I go on?

I'll have to try some of these. The trouble here is accessibility, and the fact that it probably won't be on tap. Sigh.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 28 2010, 10:45 AM BST

Bad Guinness is bloody awful, indifferent Guinness not much better; But good Guinness is a thing of beauty. There are only three pubs in South London I will confidently go in and order Guinness, and I will quite happily travel to them if I fancy a pint.

Foul stuff.

The UK taste is different; for the real experience you have to go over to Eire & drink it there.

Something in the water...

Quote: billwill @ April 29 2010, 1:18 AM BST

The UK taste is different; for the real experience you have to go over to Eire & drink it there.

Something in the water...

Irish faeces and vomit?