British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 2,158

Teary it's beautiful.

That is my worst nightmare in a sandwich... so full of carbs... but I want so baaaaad.

Quote: zooo @ April 26 2010, 9:28 PM BST

Can I has?

So . . . much . . .red . . .sauce . . . Sick

Yeah carbs on carbs. Not a chip butty fan anyway, but if I was going to eat one I'd want soggy chip shop chips - those ones look a bit too crispy - thicker bread and far less ketchup. But then I'm a vinegar-on-chips than red sauce person.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ April 27 2010, 9:30 AM BST

vinegar-on-chips than red sauce person.

And if there is sauce, always HP! Never red on anything. Bleeuurrgghh.

"Red sauce" indeed, you strange people!

Quote: Aaron @ April 27 2010, 12:56 PM BST

"Red sauce" indeed, you strange people!

That's what I was thinking!

Ketchup people!

I used the term 'red sauce' because I'd already used the word 'ketchup' in the same paragraph.

You used the word "the" three times in that paragraph! :O

We say red sauce in Cumbria.

Quote: Aaron @ April 27 2010, 1:44 PM BST

You used the word "the" three times in that paragraph! :O

Rolling eyes It makes writing more interesting to vary nouns where there are alternatives. If no one understood what 'red sauce' was then there's grounds for the argument, as you all do then 'red sauce' is a perfectly usable term. And as Matthew has pointed out it is a colloquial term.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ April 27 2010, 1:49 PM BST

Rolling eyes It makes writing more interesting to vary nouns where there are alternatives. If no one understood what 'red sauce' was then there's grounds for the argument, as you all do then 'red sauce' is a perfectly usable term. And as Matthew has pointed out it is a colloquial term.

Shouldn't this be in that grammar thread? :P

IF YOU'RE POOR.

It sounds like it refers to literally red sauce. Like a meatless burger. It's not tomato-y.

If no one understood what 'red sauce' was then there's grounds for the argument, as you all do then 'red sauce' is a perfectly usable term.

The overwhelming majority of Americans have never heard the term. Brown sauce, too, for what it's worth.