Sitcom (Com)Mission Page 78

Quote: Declan @ April 21 2010, 5:43 PM BST

I'm serious!

What do you do in the industry?

Cheers, Declan

http://www.seventhfleetfilms.com/

Quote: Lazzard @ April 25 2010, 11:07 AM BST

http://www.seventhfleetfilms.com/

With clearly no sense of irony, 'what matters is the quality of the content' is written on the website...

Dan

Wave Hi Everyone

Well, I can see there have been some thoughts expressed with regard to the rules. I concur with those who believe in what Declan and Simon are doing. I also think "D&S" gladly note the opinions expressed, in order to improve matters where applicable.

It is pertinent to raise the matter of the rules so that D&S can ensure their own protection in the future. It may be that some pro bono advice from a good law firm would settle matters for the future, and afford assurances to all concerned. I am genuinely appreciative of the work D&S do; though I also didn't get through Geek!

It's important to support those who put themselves out there and seek to provide a platform for writer's who, otherwise, may not get a look-in.

It is another platform and not just an opportunistic frivolity. Therefore it is fair to value and appreciate this. In many respects cynacism is the essence of good comedy, and while we are "chatting" here, we are presumably in need of a leg up in furtherance of our writing career!

Crikey, I've got an audience for once! I'm a success!! Wave

Errr Bye the way, when I mentioned pro bono (free) advice I had in mind the statutory legal rules governing competitions; and that D&S may wish to consider allaying the fears some others have expressed here, and seek pro bono advice so as to avoid any potential conflict whilst affording assuredness to disbelievers!

Best will in mind guys! Thanks for all you do!!

Quote: Die Hard @ April 22 2010, 12:20 AM BST

Good Luck Ponderer and Russ for your heats, and obviously Ennie for the Semi-Final (see you there).

Thanks Die Hard.

Good luck Penge and all the rest for heat 3.

Does it actually count as wishing you luck if we wish everybody else it too?

Quote: Lilly The Pink @ April 25 2010, 6:06 PM BST

Errr Bye the way, when I mentioned pro bono (free) advice I had in mind the statutory legal rules governing competitions; and that D&S may wish to consider allaying the fears some others have expressed here, and seek pro bono advice so as to avoid any potential conflict whilst affording assuredness to disbelievers!

Best will in mind guys! Thanks for all you do!!

Laughing out loud

Have you phoned me?

Laughing out loud I don't know you, so why would I phone you? Laughing out loud

It's a fair question. :) But I do get a lot of people I don't know phoning me up with all sorts of advice.

:D Point taken!

The funniest piece of advice I heard lately was from Marco Pierre White: "If you are hiding in a cupboard, remember not to sneeze". He always cracks me up!!

Any news on the 2nd bit of feedback???

This is taking this piss a bit now I'm sorry.

It's been so long I'd forgotten about it until a similar situation with some much-delayed essay feedback reminded me today.

Morgills, can you remind me of your sitcom? I'll get you your feedback in the next 24 hours.

Hi guys

Another sell-out show last night, and a very well attended 5pm show too. And one of our strongest line-ups to date, a real pity we had to lose two of them.

Judges this week were Tim Arthur (Comedy Editor, Time Out), Dave Cohen, (writer, HIGNFY, Not Going Out) and Chris Carey (Producer, This Is Jinsy).

Compere and arch sitcom-creator was Sarah Pascoe.

First up was Sarantasia, written by Lucy Dwyer and directed by Lisa Cagnacci, followed by Lee Pedzisz's Pints, directed by Jason Lawson. Next came Deadly Danger, written, directed by and starring Mike Hayley, with The Selected Few, written by Harrinder Dhillon and directed by Kayser Foyz finishing off the evening.

Deadly Danger swept the board, winning the audience vote at the 5pm and 8pm shows to give a combined score of 71. Pints came second at both with a combined score of 46, with Sarantasia close behind on 38 and The Selected Few on 27.

Special mention to Huw Thomas for his show-stopping performance as a bestial solicitor in Deadly Danger, and to The Scat Pack for their consistently brilliant improv to finish off the 8pm show.

The judges' decision was unanimous, that they really enjoyed the completeness, characterisation and gag ratio of Deadly Danger and The Selected Few. We'll see them in the semi-finals.

We've decided that whichever sitcom gets the highest audience vote will also appear in the Grand Final, so we may still see Pints there as well. We'll have a leaderboard for you all to gnash at soon.

A breather next week thanks to the bank holiday, and we're back on May 10, which is already half-sold. We really recommend buying tickets in advance, especially as we had a mention in the Independent on Sunday this week which should boost ticket sales.

I'm off to do some feedbacks.

Cheers, Declan

I saw the 5pm show and have to agree they were all really strong. Fingers crossed for the audience wild card entry Penge!

Well if it's a cumulative total across the heats and the semi-finals then the chances are slim, but I too shall keep my fingers, toes, arms and legs crossed.

I won't be able to do much whilst in this crossed state though.

And if you're in the audience it may put some of the performers off.