British Comedy Guide

Sitcom (Com)Mission Page 77

Mine got rejected too and rightly so but I have learned a lot since from the workshops and a book on writing sitcoms recommended by Simon. I'm going to win next time. Watch this space LOL

Quote: don rushmore @ April 21 2010, 5:31 PM BST

No. I already work in the industry.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Marc P @ April 21 2010, 10:54 PM BST

Laughing out loud

;) Wave

Quote: bushbaby @ April 21 2010, 11:48 PM BST

To sitcom mission

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00M1BDtC-jo&feature=related

Bushbaby put the red down, I can't cope with extra confusing when I'm busy lurking. :)

I don't want things run 'properly' I want them doing right, which S&D absolutely do.

Running things 'properly' is what got this country in the state it's in today. Roping off big holes so that stupid people don't fall in.

If S&D followed everything to the letter then the workshop for 10 places, that only 5 of us attended would only have lasted half a day. It didn't, S&D just spent the whole day with us, took us for coffee and a chat before, and came out for drinks after. They are genuine, lovely guys.

Good Luck Ponderer and Russ for your heats, and obviously Ennie for the Semi-Final (see you there).

(If we're all doing the AA speech, then I'm Die Hard and I didn't even make the first sift. ...although I have managed to convince myself that I was definitely 33rd, but that probably has no actual effect on reality).

Is it not red M&Ms tonight?

It's been a while since I've been online, but last time, we were discussing the best ways of staying awake to write and you were unimpressed by my sugar letters and caffeine approach, said you preferred a bottle of red ...I assumed M&Ms?

This is getting off topic, I shall crawl off to bed. Night :)

Quote: bushbaby @ April 22 2010, 12:32 AM BST

there should be a delete button

There is! If you click to edit your posts, there's a delete option there.

Quote: chipolata @ April 22 2010, 10:13 AM BST

There is! If you click to edit your posts, there's a delete option there.

Oh yes, it's true one learns something new every day :D thanks

Hi all

Michaela Hennessy-Vass, Commissioning Editor, Scripted Comedy for ITV is also on the judging panel for the Grand Final.

So that's the heads of comedy commissioning from BBC TV, ITV, C4 and Sky.

Cheers, Declan

Wot, no Don Rushmore? ;)

Quote: Die Hard @ April 22 2010, 12:20 AM BST

Good Luck Ponderer and Russ for your heats, and obviously Ennie for the Semi-Final (see you there).

In a desperate attempt for some sympathetic e-mails to boost my fragile ego, I'd like to point out that nobody's wished me good luck for my heat on Monday...

Sob.

Weep.

Etc.

Quote: Penge @ April 24 2010, 9:58 PM BST

In a desperate attempt for some sympathetic e-mails to boost my fragile ego, I'd like to point out that nobody's wished me good luck for my heat on Monday...

Sob.

Weep.

Etc.

Ah, good luck Penge, what is your sitcom titled? xxx

Good luck Penge, have loads of fun! Look forward to seeing the show!

Good luck, Penge. Hope Pints does well.

Dan

Good luck to all 4 shows on Monday.