British Comedy Guide

Sitcom (Com)Mission Page 76

I'm serious!

What do you do in the industry?

We're all working together to try to improve things. If you live in London, please get in touch at info@sitcommission.com and we'll chat some more.

If you're business-minded, we're looking for ways to take this forward, so we'd love your input. Honestly, please get in touch, and please come and be a judge on Monday.

Cheers, Declan

Writer: Hi Declan. Can you tell me when second feedback is due on my Sitcom (Com)Mission script, please?

Declan: Should be sometime in the first week of July...

Writer: Great!

Declan: ...of 2025.

Writer: :|

Don, mate, I'm trying to be constructive here.

It would be great, if you really are an industry professional, to come and judge for us on Monday. And if you really are business minded, we'd love it if you could benefit us with your knowledge and advice.

Come on, make a difference.

info@sitcommission.com

Cheers, Declan

Just heard we've got someone from Comedy Central coming to judge at the Grand Final.

Come on Don, you know you want to...

It's the year 2076. An old man sits in a chair, surrounded by family and friends. He is celebrating a milestone birthday.

Granddaughter: Congratulations Grandad, on reaching your 100th birthday! This letter's just arrived for you in the post...

GRANDAD OPENS LETTER.

Granddaughter: ...Is it a telegram from the Queen?

Grandad: No. It's my second piece of feedback from the Sitcom (Com)Mission 2010.

Granddaughter: :|

Don, that joke was a variation on the first one.

Are you coming on Monday? I'd love to meet you and we can chat further.

Cheers, Declan

Don, that joke was a variation on the first one.

It's part of a series.

Are you coming on Monday? I'd love to meet you and we can chat further.

You couldn't afford me.

Are you Eddie Izzard?

Come on, let's meet up. It would be great to get your expertise.

#### Don, sorry, we didn't reject your script did we?###

yeah, obviously not :D

Quote: bushbaby @ April 21 2010, 6:54 PM BST

#### Don, sorry, we didn't reject your script did we?###

yeah, obviously not :D

Quote: don rushmore @ April 21 2010, 3:04 PM BST

Or, the person posting could still be heavily involved in the event.

Wave

Quote: don rushmore @ April 21 2010, 7:33 PM BST

Wave

Ok, give us a starter for ten who you are :D

If I ever see you at one of these events, BB, I'll say hello.

How's that? :)

Quote: don rushmore @ April 21 2010, 8:02 PM BST

If I ever see you at one of these events, BB, I'll say hello.

How's that? :)

Great stuff xx see my avatar, that's what I look like hehehehe

Fantastic - I love it when threads get snide!

I'm just gonna stick my two-penn'orth in and say I think Dec and Simon are doing a great job. And along with Kev F (don't jack it in mate!) and the Sitcom Saturday organisers, they're creating opportunities in a creative environment that's being squeezed to death of late and where new writing openings are increasingly rare/

Don, you really sound bitter for some reason and I don't think there's any need - these are the good guys. And in case you're wondering, I did enter SitcomMission and didn't pass the first sift. I think your response is a little immature. Why not - like me - simply make small effigies of Simon and Declan which you can torture and burn at your leisure? ;)

For what it's worth, it is well-run and was last year (in its guise of The Sitcom Trials).

And that's coming from someone who has had five rejections overall, and got to the last 32 this time, but not the last sixteen.

So my only changes to the rules would be to replace Si and Dec... ;)

Dan