British Comedy Guide

Sitcom (Com)Mission Page 71

####BushBaby: Put the bottle down and walk away.####

I did Declan but unfortunately my hubby bought me a box full for my birthday this week :D I'd got down to a bottle a week :O

He's trying to tell you something...

Quote: Declan @ April 17 2010, 10:14 PM BST

He's trying to tell you something...

hahahaha no, he's trying to kill me by ruining my liver :O.....black comedy?

I wonder if Declan and Simon ever feel like banging their heads against the wall...

Quote: rwayne @ April 17 2010, 11:47 PM BST

I wonder if Declan and Simon ever feel like banging their heads against the wall...

I'm sure so, but guess one can't please all the people all of the time.
They do a great job for the business, shame there's even any criticism at all.

I just don't get it - where else could someone like me (never written anything before entry for sitcom mission)- send in and have same chance as ANYONE else?
I didn't get through but was in the top 500!.

Quote: simon wright @ April 15 2010, 10:22 AM BST

If you'd like to come along and see democracy in action please, please make sure you book in advance.

Quote: Declan @ April 17 2010, 10:03 PM BST

I don't think there was anything strange and suspicious about the voting on Monday. However, you're right, we're not a democracy,

:S

Quote: don rushmore @ April 18 2010, 12:30 AM BST

Quote: simon wright @ April 15 2010, 10:22 AM BST

If you'd like to come along and see democracy in action please, please make sure you book in advance.
View Original

Quote: Declan @ April 17 2010, 10:03 PM BST

I don't think there was anything strange and suspicious about the voting on Monday. However, you're right, we're not a democracy,
View Original

It's awful criticizing Declan and Simon, there is no one else in the business helping writers so much except perhaps Kevf.
Stop knockin' 'em, they'll give up and then where will we be? :S

He says tomato, I say tomato.

The truth is, we're somewhere in between. We're inbetweeners.

Simon and I chose the 16 scripts out of 500 to go through to the live showcase. That's not democracy, and we're proud of it.

Four people who make their living out of watching TV or producing radio shows decided between them (I don't think they had a vote, although they did say they were unanimous in their decision) which two they wanted to go through to the semi-finals. That's not democracy, and we're very happy with it. We managed to get Dawn Ellis and three TV critics to come and review our work and we're proud of the fact.

And we had an audience vote, where people who had bought a vote and had a vested interest in one of the shows on offer made a mark on a piece of paper to say which one their mate was in/wrote/directed. And another one which they genuinely thought was funny/interesting/was worth developing. This is democracy, and we're proud to have it as a part of our process.

We're not averse to criticism, it's why we called our company Every 1's A Critic. We hand it out, we should be able to take it. And we can't improve without it. Bring it on. And any suggestions about how we can improve our service are always welcome.

Cheers, Declan

Declan it's ten to nine on a Sunday morning - you should be in bed! Best of luck with the rest of the shows sounds like you got off to a flying start.

So should you Marc!

I have a child...

73 pages and no discussion of the first show. Did no (other) bugger go?

A great venue. A great show. And no talking socks. :D

Stand And Deliver was my favourite. Put me in mind of Dogtown and Bottom Live. And, (to a non-industry expert), more commissionable than a Breakfast Show and a Period Piece.

Roll on tomorrow!

Quote: JohnnyD @ April 18 2010, 10:09 AM BST

Stand And Deliver was my favourite. Put me in mind of Dogtown and Bottom Live. And, (to a non-industry expert), more commissionable than a Breakfast Show and a Period Piece.

Roll on tomorrow!

I so wish I could be there but I live too far off and can't get to each session, so I have to relish every word said on here about the evening shows. :)
Good luck everyone tonight, or break a leg, rather, or a keg :D

Quote: JohnnyD @ April 18 2010, 10:09 AM BST

Roll on tomorrow!

Russ and I gave our views earlier. Personally I liked Thunderer, although I don't listen to Bleak Expectations so it could have been a straight lift for all I know. I saw the 5pm show and Sitting Ducks didn't really fly (no pun intended) for me. It had flashes and lots of potential though. I understand you thought it better, but why do you say it is more commissionable?

a joke.... it'll soon be Ash Wednesday.
Ash crisis is the new cash crisis.