British Comedy Guide

Sitcom Saturday! Page 9

Hi Everyone, Wave

Thank you to everyone who entered their scripts for Sitcom Saturday! Everyone who got their script in before the deadline midnight on March 31st should have received an acknowledgment of receipt by email. We're now reading the scripts and will let you all know as soon as we possibly can!

Put A Smile On Your Face With Sitcom Saturday! :) ;) Laughing out loud :D :)

That's concerning. I sent my entry in a couple of days before the deadline and as yet , no confirmation e-mail. Help, I don't want to miss out on this. :(

Quote: Clarkus Maximus @ April 6 2010, 11:31 AM BST

That's concerning. I sent my entry in a couple of days before the deadline and as yet , no confirmation e-mail. Help, I don't want to miss out on this. :(

Funny how it always seems so much easier to register and join a message board and then post something like this than it is to just contact the people running the opportunity directly.
:S

Quote: Clarkus Maximus @ April 6 2010, 11:31 AM BST

Have a look in the 'spam' sometimes they can end up in there, not that Sitcom Sat email has done that with me, but you never know

Quote: Badge @ April 7 2010, 2:01 AM BST

Funny how it always seems so much easier to register and join a message board and then post something like this than it is to just contact the people running the opportunity directly.
:S

Well, yes. But sometimes you don't like to bother the people running a scheme, especially if you get the impression they're overworked and doing it on a shoestring. And if other people are in the same boat and the question gets answered on a forum, it saves the poor overworked shoestring people fielding a load of emails all asking the same question.

Good point.

Hey there,

Just wondered when you would be deciding about this and letting people know?

Cheers!

Quote: easily distracted writer @ April 13 2010, 8:23 AM BST

Hey there,

Just wondered when you would be deciding about this and letting people know?

Cheers!

Hiya,

We're just shortlisting the entries and will be sending out emails over the next couple of weeks.

Put A Smile On Your Face With Sitcom Saturday! :) :D :)

anyone heard?

Quote: bushbaby @ April 26 2010, 1:50 PM BST

anyone heard?

Patience, bushbaby. Patience.

I used to have.
Is no one else driven out of their mind with the waiting?

Quote: bushbaby @ April 26 2010, 3:35 PM BST

I used to have.
Is no one else driven out of their mind with the waiting?

Yes, abso-bloody-lutely! Keep trying to forget about it so as not to raise hopes etc. This is also why it pays to have lots of stuff on the go I guess...

Got my rejection email today. :(

Yeah, me too, though to be fair I just rehashed something I sent in for The Sitcom Mission and sent that in at the last minute. Sitcom Saturday somehow escaped my radar!

Still, worth a pop. Well done to whoever was successful!

Mine too. Still, that's a good thing in a way - tells me I need to work at it. Sometimes it's such a relief to stop waiting for news and actually write (or rewrite).

Best of luck to everyone going through to the performances.