British Comedy Guide

Sitcom (Com)Mission Page 66

I may well do Mr Blue. I'll know nearer the time though! Keep us posted on dates and who's on when.

And Mr Murphy I know who you are - in fact last time I saw you, you had a naked Daniel Radcliffe on your back.

Did you stay in touch?

(In case you think I've gone mad which is neither here not there I refer to this http://cm1.theinsider.com/media/0/93/11/daniel-radcliffe-naked.0.0.0x0.400x270.jpeg
)

:)

The New Diorama Theatre has finally got it's website up and running.

Ticket and Show details: http://www.newdiorama.com/whats-on-at-new-diorama.aspx?id=3

Hi guys

The running order is looking like this, tickets are on sale now:

Monday April 12 (Group 1)

THUNDERER Bryn Mills
STAND AND DELIVER Daniel Joseph Flinter and Elizabeth Rhodes
THE MOO CREW Joel Slack-Smith
SITTING DUCKS John Stylianou

Monday April 19 (Group 2)

GLADIATORS Steve Keyworth
SHOULD KNOW BETTER Natalie Johnson
SONS OF DIAMOND Chris Wallace and Phil Hodgson
PINTS Lee Pedzisz

Monday April 26 (Group 3)

THE SELECTED FEW Harinder Dhillon
DEADLY DANGER Mike Hayley
SARANTASIA Lucy Dwyer
THE END OF FUN Adam Greenwood

Monday May 10 (Group 4)

ARTHOUSE Graeme Knowles
THE HONEYS Jules Bower
THE BOX Russell Obeney
CUSTODY Paul Stokes

Hope to see you at one or some of the shows

Cheers, Declan

if there's more than one scene, is it ok to put in the directions....A card embracing scene number is held out from the wings?

Hi Bush

No need for card with scene number, a simple fading down and up of lights can show passage of time, and movement of furniture/props etc.

What we can't show is whether it's four hours or four days later. You could put this in the dialogue, or it's fine to have a voice over for this.

Cheers, Declan

oh, ok thanks xx

Nice website the New Diorama have there. Very arty.

This sitcom writing is a subjective business. I've received both of the critiques (10 pound is a great bargain) and they couldn't be more different.

Simon enjoyed my script and was very enthusiastic. Whereas Declan seemed to hate it with a passion.(By the way, I'm cool with both verdicts. Although I do prefer the first one.)

Just out of curiosity, did anyone else (who paid for the feedback option) experience a 50-50 pat on the back/punch in the nether regions?

Quote: michael b @ March 15 2010, 8:04 PM GMT

This sitcom writing is a subjective business. I've received both of the critiques (10 pound is a great bargain) and they couldn't be more different.

Simon enjoyed my script and was very enthusiastic. Whereas Declan seemed to hate it with a passion.(By the way, I'm cool with both verdicts. Although I do prefer the first one.)

Just out of curiosity, did anyone else (who paid for the feedback option) experience a 50-50 pat on the back/punch in the nether regions?

I don't know what you mean by a 50-50 pat on the back. I went to a workshop and the experience was invaluable.

Quote: bushbaby @ March 15 2010, 10:10 PM GMT

I don't know what you mean by a 50-50 pat on the back.

I think all he's saying is that one person running the comp really liked his sitcom and one person running the competition didn't like it.

Quote: Badge @ March 15 2010, 10:27 PM GMT

I think all he's saying is that one person running the comp really liked his sitcom and one person running the competition didn't like it.

and what do you think of the sitcom format Badge, do you believe it should be a full story line with a beginning/muddle/end?

Quote: bushbaby @ March 15 2010, 10:32 PM GMT

and what do you think of the sitcom format Badge, do you believe it should be a full story line with a beginning/muddle/end?

BB if you use that expression once more I am going to come round and leave a slaughtered Easter Egg stamped and splattered on your doorstep.

Quote: michael b @ March 15 2010, 8:04 PM GMT

They are both running the course on why your script wasn't selected next time and each have paid to go on each other's so this problem shouldn't arise in the future. :)

Quote: bushbaby @ March 15 2010, 10:32 PM GMT

Umm... I think a sitcom should be a sitcom. I prefer a self-contained story-driven episode in general but I'm not sure it should be tied to a formula. If it feels like a sitcom then it is and if it doesn't then it still might be.

Quote: Marc P @ March 15 2010, 10:42 PM GMT

BB if you use that expression once more I am going to come round and leave a slaughtered Easter Egg stamped and splattered on your doorstep.

Laughing out loud
Someone else has noticed.

ok......I hope it's not Alzheimer's