British Comedy Guide

General, General Thread Page 2,143

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ March 2 2010, 5:33 PM GMT

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/tv_and_radio/article7046866.ece

:(

Quote: Paul W @ March 2 2010, 5:35 PM GMT

And guys always remember to have a spotter on standby Wave

Robyn might not have, but that is exactly what I thought!

Quote: zooo @ March 2 2010, 6:20 PM GMT

I learned not to listen to Radio 1 news with my mum in the car, and then be forced into a conversation with her about the merits and pitfalls of auto asphyxiation.

:(

Laughing out loud

Quote from this web site.

"Miles Jupp is known to tiny people as Archie from CBeebies' Balamory"

Does this refer to midgets - or maybe the Borrowers? Why would they watch Balamory?

Quote: zooo @ March 2 2010, 8:36 PM GMT

Does anyone know how to stage an intervention...?

Just hide the fuse Zooo, Aaron will have to leave his computer then...

Can someone give me the 411 on the John Terry saga? I have a couple of unanswered questions:

1. When did this affair take place?
2. Was Wayne Bridge still with the Vanessa girl whilst John Terry was romping with her?

Quote: Ben @ March 5 2010, 11:47 AM GMT

Can someone give me the 411 on the John Terry saga? I have a couple of unanswered questions:

2. Was Wayne Bridge still with the Vanessa girl whilst John Terry was romping with her?

The answer to 2 is no

But I've no idea what a 411 is.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ March 5 2010, 11:53 AM GMT

But I've no idea what a 411 is.

They were a girl band few years ago

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ March 5 2010, 11:53 AM GMT

The answer to 2 is no

Thanks, Steve!

My understanding is she was no longer going out with Bridge so I don't know why he's so annoyed about it. After all there was a whole team of players who screwed her at one time or another.

And I've no idea what a 411 is either. Is it something like a 118?

I think I heard someone say that he had a child with her, which would explain his annoyance at the rumpy a little. Otherwise, I don't get it either.

I suppose if your close friend had an affair with your ex and never mentioned it to you, you might be a bit annoyed.
Maybe Terry knew he still had feelings for her, God knows. But he obviously lied/kept secrets from his close friend, and that's not good.

The very fact that he did keep it a secret shows that he knew the bloke would be pissed off if he knew.

Quote: zooo @ March 5 2010, 10:51 PM GMT

I suppose if your close friend had an affair with your ex and never mentioned it to you, you might be a bit annoyed.
Maybe Terry knew he still had feelings for her, God knows. But he obviously lied/kept secrets from his close friend, and that's not good.

The very fact that he did keep it a secret shows that he knew the bloke would be pissed off if he knew.

He's married himself though - so he's not going to shout about it is he?

Ah, good point!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=411

The word is 'information' Ben then, like, everybody understands you, know what I mean Man?

Wicked !

WHAT THE FUCK IS A 411?

It's the number people call in America for information!

I think.