British Comedy Guide

Newsjack - Series 2 Page 50

Quote: AngieBaby @ February 12 2010, 11:22 PM GMT

I thought it was quite sweet when Lewis took a photo of the audience.

Shows they enjoyed working on the show, which is nice!

I forgot about that! Yes, that was a nice moment.

Looks like Radio 7 is going to get re-branded Radio 4 Extra.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/media/article7041826.ece

I'm now hoping to get a credit on the next series of Newsjack, assuming there is one, to double the length of my radio comedy CV.

As I completely missed Series 2, does anyone know if there's a third series scheduled? If so, when?

Quote: Writersbloc @ February 26 2010, 1:49 PM GMT

As I completely missed Series 2, does anyone know if there's a third series scheduled? If so, when?

Series 3 has already been commissioned and will be broadcast later in the year (probably around the end of summer/beginning of September).

Is that true? I totally missed that news. Good stuff.

Yes that's what I heard as well.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ February 26 2010, 3:56 PM GMT

Is that true? I totally missed that news. Good stuff.

From Dan T himself...

'I think they're discussing the third series now and it looks like it'll be around June/July, maybe later.'

The only fly in the ointment would seem to be the rebranding of 7 to 4 Extra. Series 3 was commissioned at the same time as 2.

Off-topic, but Miles' stand-up show was on Radio 7 last night (Wed 3rd March) and is available on iPlayer if anyone's interested. http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00bwjnp/StandUp_on_7_Miles_Jupp/

Dan

I still haven't been contacted by the Beeb in regards to being paid for my sad effort that I laughingly refer to as material.

Do they usually take this long?

Yeah.

Ah. ok. I thought I'd been forgotten about. :)

They soon want my licence fee. :P

They do take a while.

My contract arrived this morning. At first I mistook it for the new Yellow Pages.

At first I mistook it for the new Yellow Pages.

ha ha ha :P

It does seem a hell of a lot of paper work for the ten words I wrote, but at least the cash will come in handy. I'm desperate for a new pair of shoelaces.