British Comedy Guide

Newsjack - Series 2 Page 49

Good showing, BCG! :)

Well done, Steve and James especially! Three James's though, so I don't know which one...

Dan

End of Season Results:

Writers: 111
Credits: 178
Average Credits Per Writer: 1.6
BCGers credited (whose names I recognise): 10
Top BCGers by Number of Episodes: Dan Sweryt/John Kelly (4)

I have extensive spreadsheets if anyone's interested. ;)

:D

Statto!

Dan

Whatever happened to Statto?
I hate football, but I used to love Fantasy Football League in the 90s. :)

Blimey. The 90s. Doesn't seem that long ago... but it is. (pause for reflection)

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ February 12 2010, 12:44 AM GMT

Whatever happened to Statto?

"He was declared bankrupt at a hearing at Manchester County Court on February 4 2008 due to large debts owed to Sporting Index. The bankruptcy was annulled in April 2008 when he presented an IVA to his creditors."

It must be true, I read it on Wikipedia.

Can't believe they mentioned him last night in the show! What are the chances?

Dan

Congrats to everyone who got stuff on this series, particularly those getting their first ever credits

Thankfully they didnt use my ropey line about John Terry. No, they used my ropey line about posh actors in Eastenders.

Anyone know what the going rate is? Is it worth me picking up a few brochures on holidays to Australia?

Quote: James @ February 12 2010, 11:20 AM GMT

Anyone know what the going rate is? Is it worth me picking up a few brochures on holidays to Australia?

No, but you probably will be able to afford a train ticket to London, assuming a) you book far enough in advance and b) you already live there.

Quote: James @ February 12 2010, 11:20 AM GMT

Thankfully they didnt use my ropey line about John Terry. No, they used my ropey line about posh actors in Eastenders.

Well done James. You'll get about 36 quid.

I haven't heard much in the way of reviews of the show. What did people think of it? I enjoyed many parts, but was often puzzled at what they included, considering what they chose to reject.

Welcome to the world of just about every topical comedy show ever made.

Quote: Nogget @ February 12 2010, 5:52 PM GMT

What did people think of it?

(Head) It was quite jolly and funny in parts but not particularly hard-hitting for a 'news satire'. Nevertheless, it was a pleasant way to kill 30 minutes though I wonder if anybody (apart from those hoping to contribute and their immediate families) ever listened to it.

(Heart) They used one of my jokes which makes it the greatest show ever.

For me NewsJack didn't really take off until the last episode when I got a vox pop on.
Seriously though.
I enjoyed the second series more, I think they found their identity.
They definitely managed to improve on a show that many people would probably really have enjoyed if they knew that it existed.
I guess you could say the same about a lot of Radio Comedy.

I thought it was quite sweet when Lewis took a photo of the audience.

Shows they enjoyed working on the show, which is nice!