British Comedy Guide

Sitcom (Com)Mission Page 63

is that both parts of the feedback?, I'm still waiting for my second part

J26

Johnny26 - if you look at previos page on this thread - Declan has answered
that for us.

Well director on board, seems like a great guy. I'm going to let him decide which ep for the reading.

Like Marc, I spoke to my director today and she seems really nice and has already got a cast together, so I'm very pleased.

We're going for Episode 2 - so I'm a bit nervous but it'll be great to hear it read out.

Only a few days to go now.

I'm a bit nervous cos I haven't heard from my director yet!

Hopefully, both episodes are so perfectly written they hardly need directing and any actors will find it easy to bring them to life.

Or, more likely, they're both so appallingly bad there is no hope at all...

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ February 10 2010, 8:07 PM GMT

I'm a bit nervous cos I haven't heard from my director yet!

I think Spielberg's stuck in post on the new Tin Tin flick.

You've ruined the surprise now!

Yes, my sitcom is about Tin Tin...

Dan

Anyone else feeling nervous yet?

Without wishing to spread viscous, thick, gloopy rumours, there have been a few issues with my director and as of this moment I don't know who's directing my rambling sitcom shenanigans!

Still, it's all in hand. Declan and Simon have sorted out some sort of magical solution and everything will be fine.

Won't it? Tell me it'll be fine!

I'm sure it'll be fine.

Mine, however, will just be fifteen minutes of glorious silence, I suspect. Still no word from my director...

Dan

Dan, I think they are probably just waiting until they stop laughing before they can ring you. :)

Quote: Penge @ February 11 2010, 10:15 PM GMT

Without wishing to spread viscous, thick, gloopy rumours, there have been a few issues with my director and as of this moment I don't know who's directing my rambling sitcom shenanigans!

Still, it's all in hand. Declan and Simon have sorted out some sort of magical solution and everything will be fine.

Won't it? Tell me it'll be fine!

Hi Penge.

"Issues with the director" sounds quite exotic. I'm choosing to assume he/she has gone postal and blown away the entire cast.

I'm sure it will be fine. I didn't get a director for the full staged version of my last sitcom trials entry (not the one run by Simon and Declan) until 4 days before it was due on it's feet. And that all turned out...no, wait, bad example.

Quote: bluer than blue @ February 11 2010, 10:07 PM GMT

Anyone else feeling nervous yet?

Shit yes!

Shit yes!

Very well put!

I'm looking forward to it. :) It will be good to see my fellow BCGers there too.

I will then stress about the result on Sunday of course but aim to leave that to fate (or in this case Simon/Declan) if I can.

As these are not fully rehearsed performances and will be script in hand I think there's less to worry about on the day, compared to the live shows. They've already read all the scripts it's just a bonus to bring them to life like this.

I've not had much contact with our director either - just to confirm she's happy to go with Episode two, which we wanted to do, but it will be good meet her later at our rehearsal.

Good luck again all! Here's hoping everyone gets a fair chance and is happy with theirs by the end.

Jx

Quote: Jane P @ February 12 2010, 1:32 PM GMT

I've not had much contact with our director either - just to confirm she's happy to go with Episode two, which we wanted to do, but it will be good meet her later at our rehearsal.

Good luck again all! Here's hoping everyone gets a fair chance and is happy with theirs by the end.

Jx

Rehearsal? Nobody told me we were allowed a rehearsal.

Actually Penge, I'd echo Jane's comments: A rehearsed reading is very different to the full-blown thing so I shouldn't worry. I'm almost certain they'll miss out the Busby Berkeley number from scene 2 of mine. Which is a shame cos I know Declan loves a show-tune.

As Jane said: Good luck to all, and may we all at least be happy that our stuff was done justice...erm...to.

Aah, panic over. Everyone else was right and I was being an impulsive fool. As usual.

Also thanks for your comments Ponderer and Jane, you are both right; it's only a readthrough, it should be fun.