British Comedy Guide

NJ: A-Team MPs

My last ditch attempt to get something in, sadly this one is handicapped by copyrighted music and a semi-sweary punchline. Oh wells, maybe next year.

MILES
Four MPs have now been charged by the CPS over the expenses scandal. But they claim to be innocent. The only way I can get excited about this story is if I pretend it's an episode of the A-Team.

GRAMS. A-Team intro music.

NARRATOR
One year ago, a corrupt political unit was named and shamed by the Telegraph for a crime which they definitely commit.

These MPs promptly escaped from a Gordon Brown headlock to the Westminster underground.

Today, still wanted by the Parliamentary Commissioner, they survive as fiddlers of fortunes.

If you have a Second home, If nobody else likes you, and if you can claim it on expenses.

Then maybe you can hire...

The A-Holes

SFX. Gun Fire

The "one year ago" line is also used in the upcoming movie's teaser trailer, which I watched only today - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z93AADd2Dpo - your sketch having reminded me to look for it.

The trailer looks quite promising, I don't totally hate the idea of this film. Hopefully Mr T. will have a cameo as BA's grandad :)

Wikipedia says Mr T was offered and declined a cameo, whereas the two other surviving ones agreed to cameos.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Nice one Shoepie, this made me chuckle.

As a fan of the 80's hit show I can definitely say, hahaha, this is excellent! Love the punchline. Not sure it its NJ's style though...

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ February 8 2010, 2:11 PM GMT

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Nice one Shoepie, this made me chuckle.

Thanks RC :)

Quote: Ric B @ February 8 2010, 5:24 PM GMT

As a fan of the 80's hit show I can definitely say, hahaha, this is excellent! Love the punchline. Not sure it its NJ's style though...

Thanks Ric. I've not had much luck capturing their style, I sent it to Treason show with a more sweary punchline so maybe it'll fit in there.

This is excelletn, but I'm sure you could've added a couple of impressions for Lewis to drop in:

ONE MP (AS HANNIBAL WITH CIGAR IN MOUTH):
I love it when a plan comes together!

and:

ANOTHER MP (LAUGHING LIKE LUNATIC MURDOCH):
Ahahhaaha! Pay for the belltoweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrr!

and maybe:

THIRD MP:
Ain't getting on no duck island, fool!

Dan

This was fun!

I had an A team/politician sketch for NJ as well, but I never sent it in thankfully.

I think my BA was saying "I ain't putting that on no claim"
And Cameron saying " I love it when a plan comes together & I can say that it was my idea all along"
Or some such rubbish!

Mr T was going to appear in the film, but he insisted on being paid in Snickers.

Thanks for the feedback :)

I was unable to get anything on again :( ...despite being locked up in NewsJack's shed with a broken down Cadillac, 15 sheets of corruggated iron, some welding gear and a bunch of Cabbages.

great sketch I really liked this line.

If you have a Second home, If nobody else likes you, and if you can claim it on expenses.

anyways check out the link below.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8561359.stm

Thanks for the comment Triple A. And welcome to the site!

I just realised the Gordon Brown headlock line turned out to be quite prophetic! :)