British Comedy Guide

Newsjack - Series 2 Page 44

Quote: Tony Cowards @ February 5 2010, 11:18 AM GMT

It really is a bit of a lottery, but like the lottery the more you enter, the more chance you have of winning.

I prefer to think of Newsjack as a giant ovum and all of us are sperm.

You just have to keep your head down and swim against the tide as hard as you can I haven't thought this out at all...

I'm finding writing much easierthis week. I've already managed to write one sketch today, covering BAE Systems.

Pretty sure I could fall into many slices of that pie apart from the tastiest one.

Basically, if your sketch is original, the right length, inoffensive, clear, your own work, in the style of Newsjack, funny and not based around tits, you're in the top 20%.

Of 800 (mooted) sketches per week, that puts you roughly in the top 150, say. Say, there are 15 sketches a show, you have a one in ten chance of getting on.

Dan

Mine was the final correction about somebody having to apologise for Iraq (since Tony Blair obviously wouldn't)

The standouts for me were Tory Burglary and the World Cup/Only moral people sketches.

Well done to all who got stuff on - surely a record week on here.

Quote: R.J. @ February 5 2010, 6:18 PM GMT

The standouts for me were Tory Burglary and the World Cup/Only moral people sketches.

Well done to all who got stuff on - surely a record week on here.

Agreed. Although the Thatcher one made me laugh in a Benny Hill kind of way.

It's the ones with a strong subtext (like the Avatar one, possibly sketch of the series so far for me), that really stand out, don't they?

Well done everyone.

Congrats to those BCGers who got something on.

Don't know who contributed what, but my favourite sketches were the England team and homeopathy ones.

I haven't listened to yesterdays show yet.
I'll download the podcast in a mo & am looking forward to hearing a few BCGer gags.

I think I've got tickets to the last show of the series, so I think I'll pop along to see that one being recorded.

I done shedloads of Newsbullet stuff and for the first time ever they f**kin dropped it! I've always really enjoyed Newsbullet :(

Quote: postscript @ February 5 2010, 6:05 PM GMT

Mine was the final correction about somebody having to apologise for Iraq (since Tony Blair obviously wouldn't)

Gag of the week for me.

Along with this one...

Quote: Tony Cowards @ February 5 2010, 2:16 AM GMT

"I think the most shocking thing about the John Terry allegations is that there's a woman out there called "Shalimar Wimble""

Quote: Beelzebozo @ February 6 2010, 1:34 AM GMT

I done shedloads of Newsbullet stuff and for the first time ever they f**kin dropped it!

Last week was the first time I've sent anything Newsjack's way. It was all Newsbullet related. And they dropped the feature. I even spent a quid on one of those papers with loads of sections and stuff.

Week 6? F**k it.

Ask for your money back.

Get the Metro. It's free. And pretty high quality, let me tell you. ;)

Quote: Splodge @ February 6 2010, 10:55 AM GMT

Last week was the first time I've sent anything Newsjack's way. It was all Newsbullet related. And they dropped the feature. I even spent a quid on one of those papers with loads of sections and stuff.

Week 6? F**k it.

The Guardian should start page3s so us failed satirists can have some consolation.