British Comedy Guide

Newsjack - Series 2 Page 43

So how many BCGers got stuff on?

By my count I think there was at least 5.

Quote: swerytd @ February 5 2010, 9:39 AM GMT

Yeah, despite my advice to everyone, I didn't put an introduction to that sketch as I thought it would work better as a 'surprise'. Shows what I know anyway. Good intro btw :)

Thanks Dan, although I can't take credit (first time I've had cause to use that expression literally) for all of the intro. The ITV, the broadcasting brains behind Take Me Out – the drinking woman's Blind Date and some residual wording was mine, but the stuff about crozier being a synonym for crook was a further graft from elsewhere.

Happy to continue being your warm-up man, but we really must sort out a retainer. So, how much do you want? Feel free to leave out the intros again this week and just PM me the subject matter of your sketches. I've already got:

Footballer shagging around
Jordan getting married
Gordon Brown is shit

From what I see on this thread and others, I think the BCG offerings stand up very well compared to the rest of the show. I laughed at 'Shalimar Wimble' and I'd never heard of her before – so, I'll be checking the red-tops this week!
:)

Quote: Marooned @ February 4 2010, 8:39 PM GMT

:( I felt I wrote some really good ones this week.

Stick with it Marooned.

For the first four weeks I sent in loads of stuff, some of which I was pretty happy with and thought had a chance of making the show but nothing got on. This week I almost forgot, sent in one joke that I'd quickly thought of and it got on! Go figure.

It really is a bit of a lottery, but like the lottery the more you enter, the more chance you have of winning. Just treat it as a handy writing exercise to get the creative juices flowing and if you get something on it's a nice bonus.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ February 5 2010, 11:14 AM GMT

So how many BCGers got stuff on?

By my count I think there was at least 5.

Griff too, assuming you can still call him a BCGer. Wonder what he wrote.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ February 5 2010, 11:18 AM GMT

Stick with it Marooned.

For the first four weeks I sent in loads of stuff, some of which I was pretty happy with and thought had a chance of making the show but nothing got on. This week I almost forgot, sent in one joke that I'd quickly thought of and it got on! Go figure.

It really is a bit of a lottery, but like the lottery the more you enter, the more chance you have of winning. Just treat it as a handy writing exercise to get the creative juices flowing and if you get something on it's a nice bonus.

Which joke was yours, Tony?

Just got the Radio 7 Newsletter and it says this for Newsjack:

Ser 2. 6/6

Miles Jupp leads regular collaborators Jess Robinson, Lewis MacLeod and Andi Osho in Radio 7's up-to-the-minute topical sketch show, produced by Tilusha Ghelani. This is the last of the current run, but we hope to commission a third series later in the year.

So, hopefully we get chance to do it all over again around July (maybe?)

Dan

From what I recall, the powers-that-be are supposedly rather fond of it.

Yeah, I think Mary K (controller of Radio 7) likes it (and she writes the newsletter!)

Dan

Quote: Marooned @ February 5 2010, 12:15 PM GMT

Which joke was yours, Tony?

It's on the previous page but incase you missed it...

"I think the most shocking thing about the John Terry allegations is that there's a woman out there called "Shalimar Wimble""

Good news about the possible new series in July.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ February 5 2010, 12:36 PM GMT

It's on the previous page but incase you missed it...

"I think the most shocking thing about the John Terry allegations is that there's a woman out there called "Shalimar Wimble""

Good news about the possible new series in July.

Like it. :D

Was there no Newsbullet this week, or did I just blank it out?

Nope - none this week.

More dripping pearls of wisdom from Mr Tetsell (and friends).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/writersroom/2010/02/newsjack_special_guests.shtml

Nice graph.

:D

Dan